EG3 Engineer 3
Department of Environment and Climate
Water Science and Watershed Management, Water Stewardship
Advertisement Number: 41971
Salary(s): EG3 $76,730.00 – $97,478.00 per year
Closing Date: December 3, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an application form and your resume. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services at the number/email listed under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in the application form and resume to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION SCREENING FORM.
Manitoba Environment and Climate Change is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Watershed Engineer within the Water Science and Watershed Management Branch. The Watershed Engineer will join a team responsible for the delivery of programs to protect and manage water in Manitoba including leading implementation of Manitoba’s new provincial water management strategy.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be a registered member or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Must be able to travel within Manitoba by ground and/or air transportation, including overnight stays as required
- Must be able to work overtime hours as required
- Must be able to occasionally work in an outdoor rough terrain environment in both winter and summer in extreme weather conditions
- Post-secondary education in Engineering (Civil or Water Resources Engineering preferred)
- Experience in prairie hydrology and hydraulics
- Experience in the design of water control works or municipal infrastructure
- Experience in project management
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative working relationship with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills with experience writing technical and non-technical correspondence and reports to support decision making
- Effective verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare and deliver presentations
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Reporting to the Senior Watershed Engineer, the Watershed Engineer provides hydraulic and structural design, evaluation, and planning engineering services for water management and for physical water infrastructure works for clients such as watershed districts.
Advertisement # 41971
Talent Acquisition – Executive Recruitment
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
Email: [email protected]
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.