ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project, “National Roll-out of Philippine Approach to Sustainable Sanitation (PhATSS) and Integrated Program Modelling in Zamboanga del Norte,” is funded by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and is being implemented by Action Against Hunger.
Component 2 of this project is to support the subnational implementation of PHATSS in the province of Zamboanga del Norte. This is to strengthen the capacity of the province to scale-up their sanitation levels by supporting their development and implementation of WASH Plan across Barangays and Municipalities.
One of the project activities is the provisions of Technical Training for WASH in Emergencies and Development of Contingency Plan to the Provincial Government of ZDN. The expected result of this training is to develop a WASH CP for the ZDN. A worskshop was done during the training which will be the basis for the WASH CP.
With this, support is needed to develop the WASH CP through the engagement of consultant to complete the ZDN WASH CP.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Consultant will work closely with the Head of Project with technical guidance from the WASH Coordinator of Action Against Hunger.
- Participate in the project updating and orientation on the use of data gathering methodologies, assessment, validation and designing tools. He/she is expected to contribute to the discussion.
- Comply with the project plans. This includes safeguarding policies, coordination with the local government employees, communities and target respondents, data privacy, and data quality, among others.
- Coordinate with the Zamboanga del Norte Local Government Units to gather data needed for the development of WASH CP.
- Participate in the debriefing sessions with the HOP and WASH Coordinator.
- Comply and observe COVID-19 minimum health standards when administering the interviews. Including Action Against Hunger policies during the period of assignment.
The Consultant will provide and submit the following deliverables subject to the review of the Head of Project and WASH Coordinator
Development of WASH CP (with focus on WASH in Emergency during Flooding)
- Desk review of available reports.
- Gathering of Data needed to develop WASH CP based on the results of the workshop done last January 2023 (See attached).
- Develop comprehensive WASH CP based on the following references:
- CP Guidebook
- Sphere Handbook
- WIE Standards
- Prepare presentation of the WASH CP to the Provincial Government – PDRRMO and WASH Task Force for their approval and endorsement to the Governor for the Final Approval
- Finalize the WASH CP based on the suggestions during the presentation.
TIMELINE OF ENGAGEMENT: (The total engagement of the Consultant) will be 35 days
OBLIGATION OF ACTION AGAINST HUNGER
- Relevant documents, primer, code of conduct, PSEA, security in the field relevant program documents.
- Consultant will be integrated as part of the project implementation team.
- Management to consultant.
- Payment of the consultant upon successful completion and submission of agreed documents based on agreed pay scheme.
- Personal protective equipment.
KEY COMPETENCY OF THE CONSULTANT
Preferably a WASH Engineer or has the following key competencies:
- With good knowledge in developing CP
- With experience in developing and writing CP
- Knowledgeable in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Promotion (WASH) in Emergencies andDisasters
- Well organized and able to deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Conversant in Bisaya and Tagalog.
How to apply
Consultants are requested to submit their CV with letter of intent, and consultancy proposals indicating your date of availability and gross rate on or before 28 NOVEMBER 2023. Application should be sent to Ms. Clarifel Rodrigo at [email protected] and keep in cc: Mr. Cesario Gajol at [email protected]. Kindly use “CONSULTANT: WASH CONTINGENCY PLAN (CP) WRITER” as the subject of email.
Action Against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional, and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all processes and policies within the organization.
Action against Hunger is also committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expect all staff, consultants, service contractors and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.