Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
Strategic Compliance Intelligence & Investigations; Water Operations and Systems; Water Resource Management; The preferred location for this position is Toowoomba, Cairns or Nambour
The Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (DRMDW) drives growth for Queensland by managing sustainable water resources, leading innovation in manufacturing, and developing our regions.
Operating within the Strategic Compliance, Intelligence and Investigations team, you will be responsible for engaging with the community with regards to proactive and reactive compliance activities, leading and completing complex law enforcement investigations into water offences, and providing training, support and mentoring to Water Resource Management Group staff in relation to compliance activities. This position operates in a specialised team that works and travels across Queensland.
|Occupational group||Auditing & Compliance|
|Workplace Location||Brisbane Inner City,Cairns region,Toowoomba region,Wide Bay,Darling Downs – Maranoa,Far North Qld,Townsville region,Mackay region,Rockhampton region,Central West Qld|
|Job ad reference||QLD/524893/23|
|Yearly salary||$118197 – $126566|
|Fortnightly salary||$4530.50 – $4851.30|
|Contact person||Chris Holeszko|
|Contact details||MB: 0427 064 382|
Access the National Relay Service
The Investigations team is responsible for engaging with the community with regards to proactive and reactive compliance activities. This position operates in a specialised team that works and travels across Queensland. Key duties of this role include:
• Leading complex investigations under Queensland’s water legislation, including but not limited to: Planning Act 2016, Water Act 2000, Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008, and related Acts (Commonwealth and State) and subordinate legislation.
• Supporting and co-ordinating complex investigation processes in a multidisciplinary environment utilising specialist technical, scientific, and other expert evidence. This will include, but is not limited to, representing the Department at court attendances, providing evidence as a principal witness and supporting personnel involved with law enforcement investigations.
• Working collaboratively to ensure consistent and effective delivery of the department’s regulatory strategy and our regulatory responsibilities.
• Where required, support and respond to any Commonwealth audits and compliance requirements from the Inspector General of Water Compliance in the Murray Darling Basin.
• Researching issues, coordinating and undertaking projects that contribute to the development of a modern, intelligence led and innovative regulatory compliance program focusing on the Murray Darling Basin and broader water legislation related issues across the State.
• Providing high level correspondence, briefing notes, investigation plans, operational orders, discussion papers and other documents that relate to compliance
• Engagement and liaison with community, industry, other government agencies, DRDMW staff and stakeholders promoting a proactive approach to compliance in relation to Queensland’s water legislation.
• Contribute to the identification of training needs and provide training in authorised officer, compliance capability and systems training across Water Resource Management.
The preferred location for this position is Toowoomba, Cairns or Nambour
However, the following locations may be considered: Ayr, Brisbane 1WS, Brisbane 275 George St, Bundaberg, Caboolture, Gatton, Goondiwindi, Gympie, Longreach, Mackay, Mareeba, Rockhampton, South Johnstone, St George, Townsville, Warwick.
Please advise your preference with your application.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.