Date: 18 Oct 2023
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Internship – Energy & Water Efficiency
HEINEKEN is looking for you!
Are you a (graduate) student, passionate about sustainability and looking for an experience in an international environment?
Every day we work with pride on our great products that you have certainly had in your hand at a party, during a work meeting or at home on the couch. HEINEKEN is much more than just beer. What about brands like Cristal Clear, Royal Club, Heineken 0.0, Amstel Radler and Birra Moretti. We actively work to create a pleasant work environment where everyone feels respected and has equal opportunities. Your personality, knowledge and skills are the success of our organization.
HEINEKEN committed to brew a better world by eliminating our carbon emissions and reducing our water footprint. To achieve this ambition, we support our operations with good practices that will reduce our environmental impact. As part of this internship you will support the coordination and rollout of good practices across the world of HEINEKEN.
Are you passionate about the Heineken ambition to significantly reduce our environmental footprint and become the greenest brewer in the world? To realize this ambition, we are implementing strategies to go to Net Zero Carbon, Circularity, and support Healthy watersheds where we operate.
- Your internship will be aimed at the Healthy watersheds and Net Zero Carbon program, professionalizing the Heineken’s Energy & Water Efficiency Good Practices initiative.
- This initiative supports our production sites to improve their water and energy efficiency, by means of expanding the implementation of successful practices from other sites. You will have the opportunity to:
- Have a basic understanding the Brewing process, and energy and water flows in a brewery
- Connect and engage with multiple sites and colleagues from different countries in the Heineken world
- In this internship you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate the energy & water good practices program review and update
- Evaluate the relevant content of the current GPs (benefits, cost, relevance, applicability)
- Hunt and capture for new good practices from our best performing sites
- Support HEINEKEN Operating companies worldwide with the implementation of the GPs
- Engage in the relevant masterclasses to train breweries on implementation
During your internship you will get the opportunity to get to know HEINEKEN as a company, also outside your department. We give you the trust and freedom, so you can work like a real entrepreneur. We like to bring the outside world inside and therefore we embrace new, fresh ideas with enthusiasm. Of course always with the guidance that is right for you.
Working as an intern in the sustainable production team rewards you with a dynamic and supportive environment. Our team is a highly international team and thus English is use throughout the day. The department is the linking pin between external suppliers and our operating companies where we coordinate the wide range of projects that deliver sustainable operations. We are working on big ambitions to significantly reduce our environmental footprint and become the greenest brewer in the world, deploying strategies on Net Zero Carbon, Circularity, and support Healthy watersheds where we operate. The sustainable production team is part of the larger global production department.
The terms of employment
- Your starting date is 1 February 2024
- The internship is fulltime
- The duration of the internship is a minimum of 6 months
- It is a practice-oriented internship
- You will be based at our Schiphol The Base office at the Giobal Supply Chain Head Office
- Working from home/hybrid/location
- You will receive an internship fee of €500 gross pm based on 40 hours per week
- You will enjoy 2 vacation days per month (based on fulltime)
- If you do not have a student OV product, your commuting expenses will be fully reimbursed
The start of your internship
Together with a diverse group of interns from different departments you will start your internship at HEINEKEN. Together you will be introduced to the organization. Furthermore, you can organize fun activities with your fellow interns.
The unique you!
You are a student in a relevant field of study and you have the following:
- Currently studying for a master degree or writing your master thesis in environmental science, business management, sustainability or related field of studies.
- Passionate for Sustainability
- Eager to learn, build and share knowledge with others
- Collaboration and improvement mindset
We believe that everyone has unique talents and are therefore looking for you!
Your field of study is not of critical importance but knowledge of international relations, economics, and/or public affairs is recommended. We believe that everyone has unique talents and are therefore looking for you! The minimum requirements are a Bachelor’s degree and a genuine interest in public affairs. International experience is highly valued.
Conditions of HEINEKEN
- You are enrolled at an educational institution.
- In the case of non-EU nationality, you must be registered as an intern with a Dutch educational institution.
- In case of EU nationality, you may also be registered as an intern at educational institutions outside the EU.
- Physical presence at the location of your internship. We believe that you learn most when you can work directly with your colleagues. It is therefore not possible to work completely remote and HEINEKEN does not facilitate housing.
Great! For more information about this vacancy or about the application process, please contact [email protected] or you can apply right now.
Do you want to know more about this internship or the application process? Feel free to contact Sebastián Astorga at [email protected].
Are you unsure if there is a perfect match? If so, we would still encourage you to apply!
Working at HEINEKEN
Every day we work with pride on our great products that you have certainly had in your hand at a party, during a work meeting or at home on the couch. HEINEKEN is much more than just beer. What about brands like Heineken 0.0, Apple Bandit, Amstel Radler and Birra Moretti. We actively work to create a pleasant work environment where everyone feels respected and has equal opportunities. Your personality, knowledge and skills are the success of our organization.