Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Institutional Support Advisor position on an anticipated four-year USAID-funded program in the West Bank.
The purpose of this project is to improve Palestinians’ access to safe, reliable, sustainable, and climate resilient water services through: 1) the development and strengthening of the institutional capacity of the Hebron, Halhul, and Dura water utilities for sustainable, reliable, and climate-resilient water delivery service; 2) the implementation of strategic infrastructure works to support the objective of the activity; 3) the design and implementation of innovative solutions to expand the use of smart water management technologies for efficient, timely, and transparent water management; and 4) the design and implementation of innovative measures and public awareness campaigns to promote effective water governance at the utility and foster social behavioral change toward more efficient and responsible water use practices and trends.
The Institutional Support Advisor will lead capacity building of target water utilities and the formulation of their institutional development plans. S/he will work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure integration of technical areas and collaboration with relevant stakeholders. This is expected to be a full-time position based in the West Bank.
* Supervises technical personnel
* Directs the development and implementation of each water utility’s institutional development plan.
* Provides guidance and vision to ensure that capacity building efforts contribute to better water governance.
* Leads the institutional and human capacity development interventions, including assessments, trainings, and capacity strengthening program development and implementation, as well as policies, plans, and software development.
* Oversee day-to-day implementation of capacity strengthening activities in close collaboration with water utilities.
* Coordinates the efforts of all subject matter experts and ensures the coherence and complementarity of all capacity strengthening efforts under the Task Order.
* Be present at Task Order site (West Bank) on a full-time basis from the contract execution date, or no later than 21 days thereafter, and throughout the period of performance.
* Bachelor’s degree in water resources management, engineering, or other related disciplines. A Master’s degree is preferable but not required.
* Must have at least ten (10) years of professional experience in water resources management in developing countries.
* Must have a minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience working on institutional strengthening projects for water utilities and service providers in developing countries of a similar size and scope to that of the Task Order.
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Proposal and Tender opportunity
Water Security and Sanitation (International Development)
U.S. Teams and Clients
- Organization: 188 ARD
- Requisition #18800000984