arche noVa e.V. – Initiative for People in Need is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) from Dresden/Germany primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our main focus is on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), but we also implement project in the sectors of in Disaster Risk Reduction, Food Security and Livelihood in various contexts.
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization working in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability. ASB’s Foreign Aid Department provides people centered humanitarian response to alleviate human suffering, contributes to building the resilience of systems, communities and societies and applies integrated approaches to welfare and to social and socio-economic development.
The German Toilet Organization e.V. (GTO) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO), founded in Berlin in 2005. Its overall goal is to protect the environment and improve public health by raising awareness of, and providing people with, clean and sustainable sanitation and wastewater treatment systems as well as the support and implementation of corresponding projects at national and international level.
The ASB, arche noVa e.V. and GTO have the opportunity to implement a 3-year Global Project in regards to addressing the impact of Climate Change on the WASH sector in different regions of the world to the German Federal Foreign Office. The proposal aims to strengthen local capacities and covers following aspects: 1) Climate-sensitive WASH Supply, 2) Humanitarian Disaster Risk Reduction, 3) Green Humanitarian Aid and 4) Knowledge Management. The planned project will be implemented by a consortium of 3 NGOs (2 implementing NGOs: ASB and arche noVa and 1 knowledge management & advocacy NGO: GTO) and their partner organizations in 12 countries in 3 continents (Asia, Africa, America). The project aims to improve the preparedness/ readiness and resilience of rural communities in regards to the impact of climate change.
For coordinating the Global Project activities of arche noVa and its partners in Somalia, Somaliland, Ethiopia, Mali, Lebanon and Myanmar arche noVa e.V., is looking for an experienced
Roving Global Project Coordinator (f/m/d)
Contract: 1st of November 2023 – until 30th of September 2026 with 6 months of probation period
General: The Project Coordinator (PC) is part of the overall coordination structure of the Global Project composed 5 team members. The PC will report to the overall Global Program Manager and to arche noVa Head of International Programmes Department. The PC will be working very closely with arche noVa country offices together.
- Together with the Country Offices and Partners setting up the MEAL plan for each country and in accordance with the overall approved Logframe
- Together with the Country Offices follow-up on the projects activities according to the proposal and target milestones; MEAL Plan
- Coordination of AN Meal activities with those of the consortium via the global MEAL coordinator
- Monitoring of the activities by visiting the field regularly and ensuring that services are provided and work is done according to the project planning
- Ensure and enable country offices to gather information for and provide regular updates on project content
- Contribute to budget monitoring of the project activities to ensure the proper utilization of funds according to donor and AN requirements
- Support the preparation of the necessary consortium lead and donor reports ( e.g. monthly, (interim, final – narrative & financial) on time and in line with consortium lead / donor requirements to be submitted to AN HQ and the Global Program Manager and or the Global Finance Coordinator
- Support the Global Finance Coordinator in general finance related tasks
- Coordinate / facilitate exchange between country offices on technical and programmatic issues. Linking AN Country Offices with ASB Country Offices on programmatic issue in close collaboration with the Global Program Manager
- Building capacity of AN country offices and partners on green humanitarian assistance
- Support country offices in trainings / capacity building as identified by the Country Offices and in close coordination with the Global Project Manager and the GTO
- To provide support on tools in regards to climate sensitive project implementation / on methods / practices on climate sensitive WASH / sharing best practices
- Support the AN Country Offices and partners in drafting an action plan as required by the signing of the IFRC /ICRC Climate Charter (https://www.climate-charter.org/)
- Representing the Global Project in relevant forums in close cooperation with the Global Program Manager
- Support the Global Communication Coordinator by contributing for the consortium’s visibility work, press & media, communication materials, etc.
- Master’s Degree – or BA and additional experience – in one of the following: development and cooperation, humanitarian and international affairs, management of non-profits or other relevant fields
- Proven experiences in project management including in working within a consortium – at least 6 years of experiences
- Proven working experience in the Middle East, East-Africa and / or Asia
- Firm understanding of donor compliance and reporting (especially BMZ, German Federal Foreign Office, ECHO, CBPF, UN Agencies)
- First experiences in green humanitarian assistance; knowledge of relevant tools (like Neat+ etc.)
- Experiences in anticipatory humanitarian action highly recommended
- Excellent skills in working with different teams, bringing them together and to support them
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, knowledge of French is highly desirable, German is highly recommended
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a culturally diverse team
- High degree of intercultural competences and conflict-sensitivity, strong sense of integrity and sensitivity towards the needs of vulnerable groups
- Having the ability to work under pressure and changing project environment.
- Being flexible and pro-active in response to humanitarian crises
- Competitive salary according to internal salary scale
- International health and hazard insurance
- Further allowances depending on duty station
- 2.5 days leave days per month (30 days per year) in addition to up to 20 public holidays.
- Opportunity to bring in your own ideas and experience
- Working with a highly motivated team dedicated to improving the lives of people in need
- Opportunities for further personal and professional development
Roving position; working is possible from everywhere, preference would be Kenya/Nairobi, Lebanon/Tripoli or also AN offices in Germany but also possible from the respective place of residence of the candidate. Trips to other locations where the Global Project is implemented by arche noVa
Attention: this is no family duty station.
However, arche noVa is a family friendly employer and allows for flexibility regarding children or care work.
People with disabilities are given preferential treatment if they are of the same suitability and ability. arche noVa e.V. promotes equality and a non-discriminatory environment.
arche noVa is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment.
How to apply
Deadline for application: 08.10.2023; as long as it is published
Applications are screened continuously and interviews can already take place before the deadline.
Please send your application documents (cover letter, motivation, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your salary expectations in one pdf-document to Ms. Richter: email@example.com**.** Please describe your motivation of working for arche noVa as Roving Global Project Coordinator.
Subject: Roving Global Project Coordinator
Further information: www.arche-nova.org