Contract Type: Staff
Salary scale: Country Scale
Contract Duration: 24 months
Deadline: (23:59 KST) 07/10/2023
Job Reference: SN-BMGF-3
INTRODUCTION TO GGGI
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. To learn more please visit about GGGI web page.
The Associate will be responsible for providing technical and national coordination support to the project promoting city-wide inclusive sanitation through climate resilience in West Africa. The role holder will support a series of activities planned in the country program and will ensure timely delivery of results.
The GGGI Senegal country program is implementing a project aimed at promoting inclusive, resilient, and sustainable sanitation services that contribute to climate mitigation. Reporting to the Senior Program Officer Sanitation, and working with consultants and government counterparts, the Sanitation Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the assessment of sanitation policy gaps to consider in the NDC and other climate policy documents.
- Support to evaluate the contribution of sanitation to greenhouse gas emissions.
- Support the risks and impacts analysis of climate change on sanitation services.
- Support the development of mitigation and adaptation measures for updating climate and sanitation policies.
- Support scoping studies for the integration of solid waste and sanitation services to strengthen the attractiveness and financial viability of investments in the sector.
- Support the business modeling on integrated sanitation and solid waste management services with a view to selecting those with the best profitability and potential for replicability.
- Support strengthening the capacities of stakeholders in the implementation of updated policies and plans, as well as on PPP investment models in integrated waste and sanitation management.
- Other tasks related to sanitation and waste as they may arise.
- Works closely with the national sanitation and climate change institutions, regional office, to build cooperative relationships and establish GGGI as an effective partner.
- Understands project methodologies and can provide a wide range of contributions in support of delivery of activities of the project sanitation output.
- Identifies issues and risks that will affect the delivery of the project and reports to the Sanitation Senior Program Officer with suggested solutions.
- Supports innovative opportunities for the project key stakeholders’ engagement to achieve goals.
- Supports communications for the project.
- Organize his/her work to ensure that deliverables are provided in a timely manner to support subsequent work and be consistent with the annual workplan and budget.
- Monitor and reports on project and workstream activities to ensure efficiency and consistency with established workplans to support project management.
- Collect data and contribute to maintain a project filing system online (using tools such as OneDrive and SharePoint) and safeguard standards of reporting/documentary quality according to GGGI and donor’s procedures.
- Consolidate financial documentation for the project and ensure accuracy of project financial reporting.
- Assist with development of training materials, and logistics of local training sessions, and participating in national or local workshops as needed.
- Provide data to assess delivery issues and work with local stakeholders and delivery partners to build common understanding and coordination on project activities.
- Support the preparation of communications materials (media releases, news brief, press book, etc.);
- Support the design of all strategic, methodological, and technical documents to be produced as part of the Sanitation component of Senegal Country program, including the drafting of terms of references (ToRs) for the activities and studies to be carried out;
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation missions, including final evaluation.
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in the fields of Sanitary Engineering, Waste management, Environmental Sciences, Environment management, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or Community Development preferably with specialization in an area pertaining to Sanitation.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in waste management, sanitation, environment, climate change, circular economy, etc. Or a minimum of 3 years’ experience for candidates with a master’s degree in one of the above fields.
- Proven track record of participation in international development project management including participatory planning, report writing grant financial management, in the Senegal context.
- Proven track record and excellent knowledge of solid waste and sanitation standards.
- Proven track record and excellent knowledge of circular economy in the sanitation and waste sectors.
- Solid experiences dealing with government counterparts is an asset.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Good command of spoken and written French and English. Fluency in the local language is preferred.
- Able to think strategically and in close collaboration with others.
- Detail-oriented striving for quality and consistency in all outputs and communications.
- Able to perform analysis of management and administrative matters in tandem and under time constraints.
- Output-oriented, demonstrating creativity, innovation, and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Highly organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point, SharePoint), Database, internet use, etc.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a collegial manner in a team-based context.
The Associate is an X6 grade level in GGGI’s Senegal salary scale. Determination of base salary is subject to candidate’s experience, academic background, and internal equity. GGGI provides 15% of base salary towards retirement plan/long-term savings, days of annual leave, and private health insurance
GGGI is committed to providing a work environment that is sufficiently flexible to accommodate diverse life-cycle challenges and assist Staff members to achieve a better balance between work and personal/family commitments, thus ensuring high performance, long-term productivity, and well-being of Staff members.
Date to close is Korean Standard Time (KST). Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Applications and CVs must be sent in English.