UNIVERSITY OF ALICANTE CALLS FOR APLLICATIONS TO COVER A CONTRACTUAL RESEARCH SENIOR POSITION TO COLLABORATE WITH THE PROJECT “ATLAS OF THE DESERTIFICATION OF SPAIN” OF THE MULTIDISCIPLINARY INSTITUTE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH ’RAMON MARGALEF’ (IMEM)
Project I184 funded by the Ministry for Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge through its Foundation for Biodiversity F.S.P. within the framework of the relevant Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan – financed by the European Union-NextGenerationEU
1. Number of places: one.
2. Features of the job vacancy and employment conditions of the contract:
- Job position: Senior Collaborator.
- Working hours: 37.5 hours a week in morning/afternoon sessions.
- Remuneration: €2.587,14 gross/monthly (plus extra payments in accordance with current regulations).
- Estimated duration of the contract: 1 year.
In any case, the duration of the contract will depend on the duration of the project and its budgetary availability.
In accordance with the provisions of the agreement of the Governing Council of January 27, 2022, which approves the 4th University of Alicante Equal Opportunities Plan for Women and Men, it is hereby stated that there is no under-representation of either gender in the category of Senior Collaborator.
Collaborate in the research project Atlas of desertification in Spain” performing the following tasks:
- Generate models related to desertification at different levels based on machine learning and deep learning.
- Retrieve data from remote sensors and spectral indices to obtain desertification indicators and calculate their relevance.
- Identify desertification patterns in Spain and categorise them by typology.
- Analyse the information obtained in order to:
(i) Propose and implement desertification indicators.
(ii) Establish desertification factors.
(iii) Design cartographic solutions for combating desertification based on the spatial analysis of the indicators and factors obtained.
(iv) Develop a scalable solution for mapping desertification under different climate change scenarios.
- Writing scientific articles in indexed journals and informative texts.
- Any other task related to the position that may arise from the execution of the project.
4 Job profile. Preference will be given to:
Those with proven experience and training related to the tasks mentioned above and to the following:
- Artificial intelligence and remote sensing.
- Use of artificial intelligence models (machine learning and deep learning) with satellite images and data.
- Use of artificial intelligence in mapping desertification in Spain.
- Skills in mapping and identification of drivers in arid ecosystems.
- Writing scientific papers and reports.
Qualification: PhD degree in Applied Environmental Sciences or Official Master’s degree in Water and Environment in Semi-Arid Areas or another Master’s degree with similar content.
5 Requirements for applicants.
Compliance with the requirements listed below must always refer to the date of expiry of the deadline for the submission of applications, and must be maintained until the date of entering into the contract.
- Hold or be in the process of obtaining an undergraduate degree.
Hold or be in the process of obtaining an undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences plus an official Master’s degree in Water and Environment in Semi-Arid Areas or another Master’s degree with similar content.
– Be a Spanish national or be in one of the situations listed in article 57 of Royal Legislative Decree 5/2015, of 30 October, which approves the revised text of the Act on the Basic Statute of Public Employees (BOE of 31 October). In the case established in point 4 of this article, when entering into the employment contract, the successful applicant must be a legal resident in Spain.
– Be at least 16 years of age and not exceed the maximum compulsory retirement age.
– Possess the physical and mental capacities and aptitudes that are necessary for the performance of the corresponding functions or tasks, for which, prior to the signing of the contract, a medical certificate must be provided certifying the possession of said capacities and aptitudes. For these purposes, medical examinations may be carried out through the medical assistance provided by the University of Alicante Occupational Health Service.
– Must not have been dismissed by disciplinary proceedings from the service of any of the Public Administrations or of the constitutional or statutory bodies of the Spanish Autonomous Regions, nor have been totally or specially disqualified for public employment by a court decision, for access to the civil service, or to perform duties similar to those performed by non-tenured staff in public administrations, in which they had been dismissed or disqualified. If you are a national of another State, you must not be in a situation of disqualification or equivalent, nor have been subjected to a disciplinary or equivalent sanction that prevents, under the same terms, access to public employment in your State.
https://www.boua.ua.es/es/acuerdo/42421 (IN SPANISH) Not a civil servant