The Water Resource Management Specialist will be part of a cross-cutting team that will be based in Deloitte’s headquarters in Arlington, VA and provide technical expertise across a wide range of water programs, based both at donor headquarters and in the field.
Provide technical guidance and advice to water resource management project, internationally or domestically, including reviewing and providing feedback on project work plans and strategies, deliverables and reports, and other WRM-related documents Lead capture activities and trips to upcoming WRM RFPs as well as technical writing for WRM-related proposals for international donor organizations Lead development of technical WRM guidance documents as well as perform trainings on topics such as: Water Security Integrated Water Resources Management and River Basin Management/Planning Drinking Water Supply and Sanitation Transboundary Water Resource Governance/Management Water and wastewater infrastructure design, construction/rehabilitation, operation and maintenance Irrigation and drainage infrastructure design, construction/rehabilitation, operation and maintenance Water governance (legal, policy and institutional frameworks) Water resources allocation and management processes Innovative technologies for protection and conservation of water resources Support capacity building of water project staff and key stakeholders on water resource management based on lessons learned and best international practices
Our development approach rests on combining international and local expertise to build teamwork and dialogue forums for improved governance. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational and sustainable solutions that bring world-class development strategies and operational capabilities to our clients, counterparts, partners and beneficiaries.
· Master’s degree in a discipline related to water resources management, or related
· Ability to obtain and main desired clearance levels.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 25% on average.
- Ten (10) years of relevant, senior subject matter expertise experience related to water resource management and transboundary water governance, including experience with USAID or other international donors
- Experience writing technical sections of WRM-related proposals for USAID and other international donors
• High level of technical and analytical skills across multiple aspects of Water Resource Management and Transboundary Water Governance, so as to effectively develop, guide and adjust activities to achieve the expected results.
• High level of interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaborate with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written, to support communication with international clients, public and private sector counterparts, and colleagues.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Experience working across a wide range of regional and cultural contexts
• Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English is required; Additional language is preferred
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte’s purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte’s purpose, commitments, and impact.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: 152735