Salary – £45,065 to £47,823 Depending on experience
Hybrid working (50/50)
Full-time and Part-time options available
Locations: Wallingford, Lancaster or Bangor
Closing date for applications, Monday, 2nd October 2023. We reserve the right to close this advert if we find the right candidate, so we encourage you to apply early.
UKCEH is looking for an experienced Research Development Manager to join our 600-strong team, contributing to scientific discovery and generating the data, insights and solutions that researchers, businesses and governments need to solve complex environmental challenges.
Working at UKCEH is rewarding. Our science makes a real difference, enabling people and the environment to prosper, and enriching society. We are the custodians of a wealth of environmental data, collected by UKCEH and its predecessors over the course of more than 60 years.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll get:
- 27 days annual leave, rising to 29 days after five years
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- 24 hour, 365-day access to support with physical, mental, social, health or financial issues
- Flexible working opportunities
You’ll be joining our lively Research Development team, identifying, developing and maintaining strategic business relationships and opportunities with key stakeholders and funders. You will be passionate about providing strategic input and assessments of future funding landscapes and opportunities!
As a primary contact for our science areas, you’ll be advocating and delivering their business development needs. Forming integral relationships with scientists and stakeholders across public, private and third sectors.
You’ll be joining a leading independent, not-for-profit research institute that’s committed to recruiting talented people like you, progressing your career and giving you the support you need to thrive at UKCEH.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with members of the Research Development & Impact Function to strategically assess and priorities funding opportunities, and plan activities accordingly.
- In concert with members of the research development team, provide relevant funder and sector insights across all our science areas.
- Work with our scientists and communication personnel to optimise the marketing of our research capabilities.
- Work with our Tender Support Team and Scientist to support the development of bids, providing insights to increase the prospect of success
For the role of Research Development Manager, we’re looking for somebody who has:
- A relevant degree in a business or science context or equivalent experience
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and research/business development relevant to UKCEH’s research portfolio
- Record of developing and maintaining successful relationships with funders
- The ability to analyse market and competitor information in order to develop tactics and strategies for funder engagement
- Experience in a research or project management environment
If we’ve just described you, we’d love to meet. Apply now.