Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the AWS water infrastructure team. In this role, you will provide engineering and due diligence support for AWS’s new and existing projects related to water infrastructure.
You’ll be involved in executing multiple water projects across different EMEA geographies, conducting due diligence on water and wastewater infrastructure solutions and a key contact for water utilities.
To be successful in this role you should have a wide ranging experience level that spans strategic planning, business case justification, technical competency in water/engineering and operationally astute.
Role can be based on London, Dublin or Madrid for the right candidate.
Key job responsibilities
As an AWS Water Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be responsible for the following:
– Working with local water utilities and permitting entities to understand and coordinate site water requirements, site inspections and compliance with national, state and local municipal requirements.
– Work with internal engineering, operations, real estate and risk and resiliency teams to manage water and wastewater discharges at new AWS facilities.
– Supporting external engineering consultants, design and contracting teams to deliver water and wastewater services to new AWS facilities. This may include the development and implementation of solutions in areas that often lack adequate water and wastewater infrastructure.
– Develop water-based metrics, review and communicate performance to technical teams, and be a key contact for all issues pertaining to water infrastructure.
– Deliver improved water management and sustainability across the portfolio of datacentres using water enhanced cooling.
– Identifying and delivering projects and initiatives related to water infrastructure and supply that enhance resiliency, increase water stewardship and/or reduce expenditure.
– 30 – 40% regional travel for site review and conduct engineering evaluations, audits, and site launches.
– Work on concurrent projects in multiple regions.
– Business English is required. Other language skills beneficial.
About the team
It is an exciting time for water in this space. We are a growing team with increasing remit for water under the AWS Water Positive Goal, water efficiency targets and incoming ESG water reporting needs.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or Chemistry / Science
– 10+ years’ international work experience delivering water infrastructure and engineering solutions for capital-intensive projects across diversified industries.
– Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and equipment specifications and able to carry design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/scalable implementation.
– Strong analytical and commercial skill set to review utility tariffs, water projects and contracts.
– Strong Project Management and delivery experience (PMP or Prince2 ideal).
– 10+ years of direct experience with infrastructure delivery, operation, or maintenance of water infrastructure across different global regions.
– Advanced degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical/Chemical/Environmental)
– Project management experience and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders with varied requirements.
– Analytical mindset that can identify gaps in requirements during project development, predict performance, and have the ability to provide recommendations on a short notice and with limited information.
– Business experience across Europe.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).