Malteser International (MI) is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin, or political convictions.
MI has been registered in Turkey since 2014 and has since built up its own office structure. MI now has two offices in southeastern Turkey (Kilis and Gaziantep). The Malteser InternationaI team provides technical guidance and oversees management and administration of the partner-implemented projects in Turkey and Northern Syria. MI is responsible for the procurement of the main medical supplies in Turkey, the reporting and application as well as the quality assurance. In addition to the implementation of humanitarian and transitional aid projects, Malteser International´s strategic objective is the strengthening of the civil society structures in Turkey and Syria. Malteser International focuses in Northwestern Syria and Turkey on the sectors of health, livelihood, protection as well as social cohesion.
For its work in Northwestern Syria and Turkey, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Senior Program Officer (WASH) – National Position.
As you will be part of the Program Implementation Department you will support the management of multi-sectoral programming partner-implemented projects in Northwestern Syria and Turkey.
- Follow up on the project implementation process of MI’s WASH programming activities in northern Syria/Turkey in line with relevant standards, best practices, and internal/donor requirements
- Track the progress of the project activities and ensure the collection of project indicators on regular basis
- Develop and raise the required procurement requests and follow up on the contract process related to the project’s activities
- Prepare high-quality monthly, periodic, and final reports to be submitted to different donors
- Effective coordination with the supporting department to have a coordinated work plan in line with the overall objective as well as the donor’s policies and requirements as well as close coordination with relevant clusters and working groups
- Monitor the expenses of the projects, use the resources, and utilize the resource based on cost proficiency, under both, internal and donor requirements, and monitor the forecasting of the budget on regular basis in close coordination with the finance team
- Close coordination with relevant clusters and working groups and prepare 4Ws (?) as well as with the other support departments: MEAL, Communication, Operations, and Safety and Security to organize and track the related operations
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required
- At least 3 years of experience with managing WASH, Shelter, and livelihood projects
- Experience with data management, especially in the analysis of large sets of data and in data illustration
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts
- Experience in preparing technical assessments and BoQs (bill of quantities?)
- Fluent in English both in written and spoken skills; Arabic skills will be highly preferred
What we offer:
- A responsible and exciting job in a committed, international working environment
- A well-equipped workplace in Gaziantep and/or Kilis
- A full-time position limited until the end of the year with the option of extension
- Adequate compensation according to MI Salary Scale
Working for Malteser International
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Malteser International is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Malteser International conducts reference and background checks for all staff (including criminal records check for specific roles). Any candidate offered a job with Malteser International will be expected to sign MI’s Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices – we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please click here.
Malteser International Turkey
Emek Mahallesi, 19020 sokak, No: 6, Sehitkamil, Gaziantep