Date: 13 Sep 2023
Location: COLLEGE OF DESIGN & ENG, Kent Ridge Campus, SG
Company: National University of Singapore
• Perform numerical modelling and simulations using hydrodynamic models for the following tasks:
• Simulate river discharge based on land surface model output.
• Incorporate tools or code modifications to include river discharge as a forcing in an ocean model.
• Validation of river discharge simulations.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Possess a PhD from reputable universities in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Geography, or other related disciplines.
• Preferably having relevant research/industry experience with competent knowledge in some of the following areas: civil engineering, hydrological and water resources management, GIS, geography, etc. Prior experience/knowledge of the following models, software/programming languages will be preferred:
a. Hydrological/Hydrodynamic models
b. Land surface models
c. Data analysis tools such as MATLAB
d. Programming languages such as python, C++ and/or FORTRAN
e. High-performance computing
1. Strong proficiency in written and spoken communication skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to adapt and collaborate effectively within a team environment.
3. Resourcefulness and self-motivation, coupled with a strong sense of professional integrity.
• Open to fixed term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 21699