- Develop a Lagrangian model for log transport in rivers to enhance our understanding of fluvial dynamics.
- Conduct field measurements and data collection to validate and refine the model.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary research teams.
- Participate in a period of training at the University of Trento to enhance research capabilities.
- Hold a Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences, Hydrology, Geophysics, or related disciplines).
- Background in numerical modeling and programming.
- Experience in river dynamics, sediment transport, or related areas.
- Proficiency in scientific software and data analysis tools.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (knowledge of Italian is a plus).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a research team.
- Willingness to travel for fieldwork and training purposes.
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to [email protected]:
- Cover letter detailing their research interests and qualifications.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including a list of publications.
- Contact information for at least two professional references.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and may be asked to provide additional documentation related to their qualifications and experience.
Join us in advancing our understanding of fluvial dynamics and carbon budgeting in rivers. Apply now and be a part of groundbreaking research at Politecnico di Torino!