Position: Principal Consultant, WASH/Environment & Climate/SWM &PWM (10+ Years)
Location: Delhi, India
Celebrating over twelve years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
Athena’s Work Culture
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members’ professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
We are approaching several opportunities with USAID India and increasingly in other countries in Asian region. In these opportunities, we will aim to provide organisational and programmatic monitoring and learning to generate effective learning for improving the WASH, environment and public health with an inclusive pro-poor lens. Emphasis will be on evidence-based decision-making, accountability, and tracking the activities and progress of the investments.
Summary of Position
Seeking a professional to provide project management and leadership, oversee work plans and other project documents, and serve as the project’s primary point of contact for USAID. S/he should have demonstrated broad management and team building experience; and deep technical knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities WASH/environment/ climate/health. The professional will serve as the overall incharge of knowledge management (including establishing digital knowledge sharing platforms) and of digital ecosystems (including establishing MIS systems at loca/state/national level). The professional will also support and facilitate collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities and events. Finally, the professional will oversee the strengthening of learning and adaptive management among key stakeholders including USAID/India staff, local partners, and the Government.
Responsibilities will include:
- Actively pursue USAID and other opportunities to grow Athena’s business and presence in WASH and its interlinkages in Asia.
- Build networks to contribute to Athena’s brand and financial growth.
- Ensure exceptional project delivery in a manner consistent with project work plans and USAID (and other clients’) requirements.
- Serve as the main point of contact for USAID (and other clients), the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Ministry of Environment Forestry and Climate Change (MoEFCC) and other key project stakeholders as established in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and through engagement with USAID (and other clients).
- Oversee all technical and managerial aspects including design, development, and implementation of learning activities, including development of learning agenda, report generation, knowledge sharing, and training and capacity building activities.
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned
- Overarching responsibility for accurate and timely preparation and delivery of programmatic and financial reporting.
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit USAID (and other clients’) requirements and working environment in India.
- Identify areas of risk promptly and work to mitigate their impact by instituting systems that seek to minimize fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Supervise and mentor assigned staff and strive to maintain a high level of staff retention through staff engagement and development, portfolio management and workload balancing, and career growth opportunities.
- Master’s degree or another advanced degree in a relevant field such as WASH, environment, climate change, public health, social sciences, urban planning or institutional learning.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall professional experience and atleast 3 years of which in progressively responsible experience in a senior management role on a large integrated service delivery project in India and / or Southeast Asia with a similar scope and size.
- Previous experience working on a USAID program and working knowledge of USAID regulations, requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge in WASH, environment and public health.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with government, donors, the private sector, and community organizations to advance development and health objectives.
- Significant experience with USAID monitoring and evaluation policy and guidance required, including CLA and knowledge management practices.
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, strategic planning, project design and implementation, evaluation, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams to achieve results in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently, often within a required timeframe.
- Professional and diplomatic demeaner and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
- Proven ability to understand client needs, ensure client satisfaction, and deliver timely and appropriate solutions.
- Proven ability to be flexible, responsive, and adaptive to shifting priorities and seizing opportunities to generate added value of deliverables and services.
- Superior relationship building, interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences in English.
● This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
● The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
● *Please Note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Indian citizenship will be considered. *
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.