Work Location: Indonesia
Job Code: 2371
The Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur (KIAT) is a 10-year facility supported by the Australian Government and implemented by DT Global. KIAT’s overarching goal is to support ‘sustainable and inclusive economic growth through improved access to infrastructure for all people’. To support this goal, KIAT works with the Government of Indonesia (GoI), Government of Australia, the private sector, Multilateral Development Banks (MDB) and other development partners, as well as civil society to help achieve the following outcomes:
1. Improved GoI policy and regulatory framework for infrastructure development
2. High quality projects prepared and financed by GoI, the private sector and / or MDBs
3. High quality infrastructure delivery, management, and maintenance by GoI
4. Infrastructure policies, design and delivery are more inclusive for women and people with disabilities
The focus of KIAT is on the following areas: Water and Sanitation; Transport; Gender Equality, Disability, and Social Inclusion (GEDSI); and Infrastructure Funding and Financing. KIAT is also expanding its infrastructure activities in the areas of climate change, urbanisation, and private sector participation.
About DT Global
DT Global works in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative solutions that transform lives. DT Global – launched in 2019 – is built on legacy companies AECOM’s International Development Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries. We bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. Together, we aim to positively impact 500 million lives by 2045.
The Program Officer will be responsible for supporting the ongoing management and monitoring of assigned projects within the KIAT water and sanitation portfolio. The Program Officer will work closely with technical, operations and performance teams to ensure the effective management of activities. Management of assigned activities will focus on work planning, contract management, financial management, procurement, stakeholder engagement, and risk mitigation.
Click on the link or copy paste it to access the full Terms of Reference for this position:
• At least 8 years of progressive professional experience in the water and/or sanitation sector
• At least 2 years of experience working on DFAT or other international donor-funded projects.
• A bachelor’s degree in project management, engineering or related discipline from an accredited university.
• Good knowledge of procurement, contracts management and financial management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Good English language capabilities required.
• Highly advanced computer literacy skills within a Microsoft Office environment.
• Understanding and experience of applying or a desire to learn and apply DFAT policies including but not limited to GESI, Disability, Indigenous peoples and, safeguards such as Child Protection.
• Self-motivated, innovative, creative and lateral thinking ability.
• Must be willing to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with the ability to assist and support team members.
• Professional experience in program management in the infrastructure sector (Water and Sanitation) an advantage
• Project management qualification (PMP, PRINCE2, etc.)
• Master’s degree in project management, engineering or related disciple, from an accredited university
• Available to start immediately
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Commensurate with level of experience and qualifications for the role. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why Join KIAT
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur – KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
2) Statement (of up to 1,000 words) addressing the candidate’s skills and experience, and outlining the relevance to the role
3) Two referee names, position details and contact information
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 04 October 2023
Should this role be of interest, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Kindly note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
DT Global is shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. We work in partnership with local stakeholders to foster inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship. Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries to solve complex problems in the peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors. With a track record of technical excellence and more than 60 years of international development experience and relationships, we deliver innovative solutions that transform lives.