Date: 19 Sep 2023
Company: DWR Cymru Cyfyngedig Welsh Water Plc
Address: Newport, Wales, GB, NP10 8FZ
|Job Requisition Number||5086|
|Salary Range||£38,296.00 up to £43,778.00|
|BaseClosing Date||Ty Awen23:59 – 3rd October 2023|
What you’ll be responsible for
As a Waste Hydraulic Modeller you will:
- Play a key role in the management of the Hydraulic Model Library, providing a governance role to the process throughout DCWW framework consultants.
- Lead the business through tactful programme planning of all modelling activities throughout AMP7, AMP8 and beyond.
- Project managing the delivery of modelling outputs for internal customers, through the utilisation of relevant Frameworks.
- Assist the Senior Hydraulic Modeller through the provision of technical modelling expertise to
- Developer Services, Waste Water Assets, Operations and external framework partners /
- consultants. Also provide technical guidance to Assistant Hydraulic Modellers.
- Lead on the hydraulic modelling element and inputs to the storm overflow assessment strategy, developing asset and catchment level solutions.
- Undertake hydraulic modelling assessments and optioneering utilising InfoWorks ICM.
- Produce and review technical reports supporting modelling activities with option assessment of interventions.
- Contribute toward specialist project steering groups (e.g. UKWIR, CIWEM UDG, WaterUK, etc.).
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across current processes and modelling tools and techniques.
- Possess strong data analysis skills and organisation skills, a working knowledge of GIS tools and other industry standard software is essential.
Who you’ll work with
- Environmental Modelling and Permitting Team
- Waste Water Assets
- Developer Services
- Asset Planning
- Hydraulic Modelling Framework Partners
- Capital Alliance Partners
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A working knowledge of waste water network and treatment processes
- At least 5 years of experience of, and working knowledge in waste water hydraulic modelling, preferably InfoWorks ICM
- A good understanding of the Water industry and AMP / WI(NEP) obligations
- Ability to promote innovation and supportive of industry leading solutions
- Ability to successfully manage programmes of work effectively and efficiently, to programme and cost
- Ability to use initiative in day-to-day tasks, particularly in problem solving
- Must be able to perform under pressure with the ability to deliver on time and within budget
- Highly proficient computer and technical skills (notably Excel), a working knowledge of GIS tools and other industry software
Good to know
- Hybrid working, typically 1 day in the office (Newport) per week
For further details contact Peter Loder – [email protected]
As well as a market competitive salary, 33 days annual leave (pro rata, including public holidays), we offer a range of employee benefits and rewards including:
• Variable pay schemes ((your salary band will remain the same, but performance depending, you could receive an incremental within-band increase and a yearly incentive)
• Enhanced employer pension contributions – Up to 11% employer contributions
• Enhanced family friendly policies
• Progression opportunities, including the ability to apply for funded training and coaching and mentoring programmes
• Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free on-site parking at all our sites
• 20% off all Welsh Water visitor attraction centres and gift shops
• Car-leasing scheme
• Health CashBack scheme
• An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family
• Colleague matched fundraising scheme up to the value of £500 per year for your chosen charity
Whilst also working for a not-for profit company that truly cares about earning the trust of customers everyday, and about looking after our beautiful environment
Please note, we may close this role sooner if required. We may also extend the original closing date depending on interest.
Due to the nature of the industry, we require satisfactory references, post offer medical clearance, and a criminal records Basic Disclosure check on all new employees joining the business. For some roles there may be additional checks and security clearance required, and this offer is subject to all checks being satisfied. You will receive further information on how to complete these checks via email once you have accepted this offer.
Who we are
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water keep 3 million people healthy each day with safe, reliable water, and take away wastewater to clean, before returning it safely to our beautiful rivers and seas.
To be able to deliver high quality, essential services which help to protect the health of our customers, colleagues and our environment, we need the right people to deliver on our vision. This is achieved by living our core values and demonstrating the core behaviours that underpin them. The security of our people, assets and information is key to us, so we are looking for people who understand and comply with the company’s required security objectives.
We know that the most successful teams are the most diverse teams. Equality, diversity and inclusion provide the very foundation to our culture at Welsh Water. We want every individual to feel confident, proud and able to bring their whole selves to work.
To ensure an improved representation in our workforce, applications are particularly welcome from minority groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, Females, LGBT+, Non-binary and people with disabilities. Together we continue to build a workplace that not only celebrates the diverse voices of our colleagues but also represents each customer we serve.
In essence, ours is a company based on trust, openness, respect, commitment and honesty. A company that our colleagues are proud to work for.
Dŵr Cymru Cyf, a limited company registered in Wales No. 2366777. Registered office: Linea, Fortran Road, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 0LT
© Dŵr Cymru Cyf 2019.
Job Segment: Wastewater, Water Treatment, Hydraulics, Data Analyst, Geology, Engineering, Data