With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
- In consultation with local authorities and beneficiaries (particularly women, children and people with disabilities), assist WV project Engineers to identify sites and target households for construction of water systems
- Establish and train volunteer WASH Groups to conduct community hygiene promotion
- Provide behaviour change training in communities on hygiene practices such as hand washing, water treatment, and latrine use.
- Conduct the CLTS program with the communities.
- Support WASH groups to conduct regular community-wide hygiene promotion sessions.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local communities, explaining World Vision Afghanistan’s role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project
- Report to the Project Manager the implementation of projects as planned according to developed technical standards, schedules and timelines.
- Update and prepare weekly reports on project progress.
- Work with Monitoring & Evaluation staff to regularly track and report on progress towards WV water, sanitation and hygiene targets.
- Take all the necessary measures in order to maintain positive working relationships and a good environment, upholding the rule of safety first in order to prevent accidents.
- Ensure that water, sanitation and hygiene program is fully and timely implemented in according with community needs and standards in the project targeted areas.
- Design appropriate training materials for use in local community development work and informal educational activities
- Mobilizing the communities (including religious leaders) toward program objective.
- Seek and receive regular feedback from communities about their issues/concerns with the project and provide this feedback to the Project Manager.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (AHF) interventions.
- Required Professional Experience
- 2 years of working with community mobilization, preferred WASH projects.
- 1-2 years previous experience working with and implementing various hygiene and sanitation behaviour change approaches, working in child protecting focused projects.
Bachelor Degree and or High school degree, priority will be given to the higher education.
Previous Work experience in WASH project and child protecting focused projects are highly preferred. Ability to engage and mobilise different community groups and leaders is a necessity. Knowledge of important hygiene behaviours. Must have good attention to detail, all work must be checked. Knowledge and experience in construction is useful. Willingness to travel throughout the project area required, with familiarity with the project area preferred.
To be able to travel to remote districts and areas of Badghis and Faryab provinces.
Accessibility to the below mentioned areas/locations is required (please specify): Faryab and Badghis Provinces (Please indicate Districts where necessary)
- Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- English knowledge will be a positive point.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only