GKW Consult, a company of GFA Group, ranges among the top international independent consultants for environmental engineering, with particular emphasis in the fields of water supply, wastewater, solid waste management, regional development, industrial water management and desalination. With more than 300 experts in 50 countries worldwide, we have been implementing approximately 900 studies and projects financed by KfW, World Bank, ADB, AFD, European Commission, GIZ and many others since the 1960s. Within our Group, we strive to deliver -in close collaboration with GFA- not only technical projects but as well non-technical and accompanying measure projects which require technical inputs.
In order to strengthen our department “Regional Development”, we are currently looking for a Project Engineer / Civil Engineer (m/f/d) as part of the Regional Development Department, who will be based in Mannheim, Germany, with regular missions to developing countries. Please find more information about our fields of activity on GKW’s website: https://www.gkw-consult.com/en/fields-of-activity/regional-development/
- Technical proposal support for regional development projects abroad
- Coordination, supervision and carrying out of civil engineering tasks in all phases of the project cycle
- Support for technical quality improvement of construction projects under local conditions
- Support for local tender processes
- Support in advising partners, clients and International Financial Institutions (IFI)
- Implementation of short- and medium-term assignments abroad and support for backstopping of ongoing projects
- Support for multidisciplinary teams in the planning, design and supervision of communal infrastructure projects (schools, health care centres, marketplaces, bus stations, rural pistes, water and wastewater and solid waste) in developing countries
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Structural Engineering, (M.Sc.)
- Preferably 10 years, but minimum 5 years of experience in an engineering environment and working on infrastructure-related projects
- Experience in construction supervision
- Experience in FIDIC contracts would be an asset
- Experience abroad, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or Asia and/or Maghreb region
- Experience in tender processes of IFI-financed projects (preferably KfW) would be an asset
- Experience in the formulations of BoQ, checking/preparation of As-Built Drawings, daily logs and construction follow-ups
- Knowledge/familiarity of common programs such as CAD and project management in the construction sector
- Fluency in French and good knowledge of English; German and other foreign languages will be appreciated
- Confident appearance, open-mindedness and solution-oriented approach towards clients and colleagues
- Willingness to travel to developing countries
- Permanent Position
- Flexible working environment (mobile office/office hours)
- Friendly and collaborative spirit in multidisciplinary teams
- High degree of personal responsibility
- Financial benefits (e.g. participation in corporate success)
- Challenging projects, where you can develop both professionally and personally
- Multiple internal and external training opportunities
- Cafeteria nearby (meal allowance)
- Office amenities (e.g. company sports)
Please send your application to Roman Monchy: [email protected].
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
When applying for a job at GKW Consult, please note our notification on data protection for applicants.