POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL, INDIA
TITLE: Assistant Manager – Program Implementation
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: One
LOCATION: Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
REPORTS TO: General Manager – Program Implementation
SUPERVISES: Volunteers – Water and Sanitation Counsellor
GRADE LEVEL/ SALARY BAND: E
POSITION CATEGORY : Program Operations
PSI INDIA is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to improve life for SARITA in India, particularly the improvement of reproductive and sexual health, improved services for the health of mothers and children, sustainable sanitation solutions for cities and slums. PSI was incorporated in 1980 under the India Societies Act of 1860 and began implementing full-scale activities in 1988. Over the past thirty-three years, PSI India has collaborated with the Government of India and a number of donors to implement various programs towards increasing the use of modern contraception for family planning, to provide products and services for the health of mothers and children and to decrease the spread of HIV/AIDS and TB. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.in .
An experienced professional working in the area of health and WASH to manage the extensive on-ground Program activities. He/she will also be responsible for achieving committed behaviour indicators of Water and Sanitation and create desired impact in the project geography.
A. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide inputs in developing the overall program implementation plan for the assigned territory.
• Recruit filed team, train/orient and deploy them in the field.
• Rolling out the BCC activities and campaign in the selected wards of Lucknow Municipal Corporation.
• Ensure collection of all relevant field data and maintaining MIS.
• Provide inputs on the development of proper monitoring and evaluation system for program implementation.
• Achieve the project deliverables as per the agreed results framework for the assigned territory.
• Support and train the team of Volunteer – Water and Sanitation Counsellors in improving their performance.
• Compliance of all Reporting Systems & Procedures as per schedule & deadline.
• Collaborate with the Lucknow Municipal Corporation and mobilize support for the intervention in the wards.
• Conduct various field assessments and impact assessment under the project.
• Constantly analyse the team performance with the Key Result Areas and suggest appropriate actions to meet standard performance.
• Ensure prudence and judicious use of the organizations resources.
• Work closely with other team members working under HCL and other PSI projects in Uttar Pradesh.
• Identify opportunities to showcase the work at district level as well as at the state level.
B. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post Graduate (preferably in Social work or Management) with 3-5 years of relevant experience & Graduate (preferably in Social work or Management) with 2-3 years of relevant experience preferably in private or development sectors in on ground implementation of programs/management of operations.
• Experience of managing a team of frontline team of 6-8 people will be an added advantage.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people in the community.
• Experience of working with local government at the district is preferable.
• Ability to conduct BCC events in the project locations with the support of stakeholders
• Fluent knowledge of English & Hindi is must.
• Willingness to travel extensively within program districts.
• Leadership ability, including the capacity to set and manage accountability of self and others.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing in English and Hindi and to make effective presentations to the communication team.
• Basic Computer skill and knowledge of MS Office (excel & PPT)
• Drive Change and Innovation: act with urgency for continuous improvement and with a bias towards action; promote development of breakthrough solutions; embrace and advocate innovations that improve results; aggressively promotes the need for breakthrough improvements.
• Develop Others: give people challenging assignments to develop their capabilities; provide timely coaching, instruction and feedback, create an environment where failure is seen as an opportunity to learn; Coaches others and helps them develop their knowledge and skills; Give people authority to make decisions.
• Act with Long Term Perspective: take actions today to build a strong foundation for future success; identify and take advantage of emerging opportunities; keep PSI’s longterm goals.
• Manage Complexity: clarify issues in complex or ambiguous situations; balance competing priorities or goals; manage effectively in matrix organization; make timely decisions using available facts in ambiguous situations; make sense of inconsistent data; Keeps focused on key objectives and results when addressing the details of a situation.
• Influence Decisions & Actions: build support for recommendations and decisions; find common ground and mutual benefits to gain agreement and commitment; show enthusiasm, excitement and passion for goals. Identifies and communicates benefits to get agreement.
PSI India is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Job Email id: careers(at)psi.org.in