Job Description and Opportunity
Coho Climate Advisors, an ERM Group Company (Coho) is a catalyst for large organizations to enact bold climate action. Coho works with clients to develop & initiate comprehensive carbon reduction strategies, incorporate renewables into operations, and reduce water use. Coho does this by identifying practical and effective solutions that organizations can act on. For Scope 1 emissions, we look to eliminate onsite emissions by discovering the intersection between high emission activities, and available low-carbon alternatives. To address Scope 2, we often procure energy solutions such as large-scale wind and solar, onsite and community solar, and retail energy. On the water front, we help clients recycle and optimize water usage, reducing demand for freshwater and discharge of wastewater.
Analysts at Coho are highly empowered members of a team that provides climate, renewable energy (RE) and water advisory services to our clients. Our analysts work across several client engagements in a client-focused team and interact frequently with client team members and Coho’s leadership team.
As an analyst, you will develop deep climate, RE and water resiliency market and project know-how; strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills; and technical and economic modeling skills typical of top-tier consulting firms—all applied to carbon, RE and water resiliency strategies and solutions.
Candidates’ primary work location may be anywhere in the continental United States, with a requirement for periodic travel to Coho’s headquarters in Bethesda, MD, which is in the Washington, DC metro area.
At Coho, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion help us foster a passionate, capable and fun team – and that they are important drivers of our core value to ‘be the best team.’ In line with our core values, Coho proudly embraces all people regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Example Job Roles
- Analyze client energy and water usage and cost and create models for future energy and water use scenarios
- Build detailed Excel models simulating range of outcomes of RE and water solutions
- Participate in project- and transaction-related due diligence processes
- Develop and evaluate new RE, climate and water projects and structures that meet clients’ needs and address client stakeholder concerns
- Synthesize and summarize information from large data sets to help develop hypotheses for potential solutions
- Contribute to creative, client-specific problem solving to bring the best solutions to our clients
- Understand and summarize client needs, opportunities, issues and concerns
- Develop and create well-organized storylines and logical presentations for clients and other audiences
- Communicate complex concepts and analyses succinctly such that clients can make required decisions related to RE, climate and water resiliency solutions
Teamwork and client collaboration
- Work collaboratively with Coho and client teams both in person and in conference / video calls
- Engage with all levels at Coho and with clients from project team to C-suite members
- Contribute to an open, honest and productive environment that enables highly productive teams
- Engage and support in change management to enable buy-in and consensus among our clients
- Understand and keep the team focused on what matters to our clients
- Deliver impactful outcomes by driving successful implementation of new carbon, RE and water resiliency solutions
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with excellent grades from a challenging program with 0 to 3 years relevant work experience
- Passion for sustainability, the energy industry, renewable energy, and/or water resiliency
- Comfort completing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Ability to learn quickly, even in areas with limited experience or knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to communicate complex matters in a simple, concise manner
- Interacts well with individuals from varied experience levels and backgrounds
- Strong sense of ownership/self-motivation; professional and organized with an ability to multi-task to deliver on tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in an unstructured and flexible environment
- Evidence of creative problem-solving skills across a range of topics
- Honest and fun!
- Prior experience in one or more of the following is also a plus:
- Renewables, cleantech, water resiliency or energy industries
- Consulting, investment banking, PE/VC, project finance, economics, or engineering
- Competitive electricity markets (wholesale and/or retail)
Apply for this Position
Please submit a cover letter and resume at cohoclimate.com/apply by midnight (ET) on Friday, November 3rd, and direct any additional inquiries to email@example.com
Coho is a global climate advisor dedicated to helping clients navigate complexity and take ambitious steps on their climate journey. We provide deep market insight, analytical problem-solving, and change management expertise so that clients can switch to renewable energy and make other large-scale climate and water resiliency investments with confidence and internal alignment. Clients turn to us at all stages of their journey, from strategy development to competitive procurement and implementation to performance management. These partnerships have resulted in dramatically cleaner and more resilient operations among a wide range of organizations, including corporates, academic institutions, and governments.