MDB, Inc. is a strategic consulting firm focusing on environmental science, public health, education and worker safety. We offer a range of technical, analytic, logistic, and creative services to help federal and non-federal clients achieve their communication and program goals. Our central vision is “Doing Well by Doing Good” – producing top-quality work in support of a healthier and more sustainable future.
MDB’s Water Portfolio
MDB is committed to strengthening efforts that protect watersheds, preserve water resources, and improve water quality. We lead collaborative efforts to protect human and ecosystem health, support community-led initiatives, and develop local economies around sound water management. MDB staff has a wealth of experience in providing water-related services, including technical assistance, performance metrics development, economic and policy analysis, strategic communication and facilitation, and stakeholder outreach.
MDB, Inc. is looking for a Water Program Manager to support MDB’s water portfolio with a federal government client. The candidate will be hired on a contingent basis, dependent upon receipt of a contract award. Work can be performed from a remote location and candidate must be able to travel. The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing team members, coordinating contract activities, leading federal client meetings, and monitoring contract tasks according to budget, schedule, and quality guidelines. Candidates should be comfortable interfacing with clients, managing projects, programs, or other bodies of work, and supervising, supporting, and mentoring less senior staff. Candidates also should be skilled at working with diverse communities, some of which experience environmental justice concerns.
This is a contract only position, minimum of 1 year guarantee, and potentially 2-3 years. Occasional travel may be required.
Note: This is a contingent position based on receipt of contract.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working in a team environment to plan, execute, and monitor all phases of contract deliverables with team members
- Overseeing the development of water sector related deliverables and providing water sector expertise
- Coordinating and monitoring day-to-day activities for team members and project completion
- Interacting and coordinating with MDB staff to ensure project goals are achieved according to timelines
- Client engagement and assist with facilitation of project progress
- Tracking progress and components of contract deliverables
- Working closely with MDB staff to achieve a high level of quality on contract deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is strongly preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project management
- Miniumum 8 years of experience leading water sector related project teams or programs is required
- Experience managing contract deliverables especially in support of federal agencies is desired
- Experience in community outreach/planning and delivering technical assistance to communities is preferred
- Experience working in a team environment and customer service focused
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability for attention to detail and to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment