Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
Water Management and Use; North Region; Water Resource Management; Flexible work locations within North Region will be considered
Do you like the sound of a role within a North Region team working to authorise riverine extraction and protection activities within Northern Queensland?
Then work with us with your skills, knowledge and experience to contribute to a team that makes decisions to ensure there is consistent application of water management policy and legislation and quality outcomes are achieved.
|Position status||Fixed Term Temporary|
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Occupational group||Primary Industry & Environment|
|Workplace Location||North West Qld,Cairns region,Townsville region,Mackay region,Rockhampton region,Central West Qld|
|Job ad reference||QLD/512182/23|
|Yearly salary||$92658 – $100498|
|Fortnightly salary||$3551.60 – $3852.10|
|Job duration||Until 05/07/2024|
|Contact person||Merrick Lalor|
|Contact details||0436 923 631|
Access the National Relay Service
This is an opportunity to work in a team authorising the extraction of quarry material from watercourses and the protection of riverine environments. Reporting to the Team Leader, Riverine and Quarry, you will supervise and work with other water officers to ensure DRDMW is sustainably managing the water resources of Queensland. The Work Location is flexible within North Region – Ayr, Boogan, Cairns, Longreach, Mackay, Mareeba, Rockhampton, Townsville. Please advise your preference on your application.
If you have a commitment to personal development and a desire to continuously improve your skills and knowledge, then come and work in this team.
- Supervise a high performing small team responsible for the delivery of services and administering specific to riverine and quarry extraction in North Queensland.
- Undertake investigations and make recommendations under the Water Act 2000 and the Planning Act 2016 in relation to riverine quarry material, riverine protection and watercourse determinations.
- Review assessment investigations and provide guidance to staff on processes, procedures, and legislation.
- Engage clients in the resolution of complex procedural issues associated with competing demands for water and associated resources.
- Consult, liaise and provide information to user groups, the general public, staff and Government agencies on water resource management matters
- Other duties as directed as required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/512182/23
Closing Date: Tuesday, 26 September 2023
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.