The WASH and Shelter Officer’s primary role is to ensure the effective implementation and management of water, sanitation, hygiene, and shelter programs in humanitarian or development contexts. This involves coordinating activities, assessing needs, and providing technical expertise to improve living conditions, hygiene practices, and access to safe water and shelter for affected populations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the planning, design, and implementation of WASH and shelter programs in alignment with established standards and organizational goals.
- Collaborate with field teams to conduct needs assessments and identify priority areas for WASH and shelter interventions. Develop detailed project plans, budgets, and timelines for program activities.
- Monitor project progress, ensuring activities are carried out according to schedule and within budget constraints.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to field staff, ensuring quality implementation of WASH and shelter initiatives.
- Coordinate with partners, local authorities, and community stakeholders to ensure effective program coordination and integration.
- Support data collection, analysis, and reporting, ensuring accurate and timely submission of program reports.
- Collaborate with the logistics and procurement teams to ensure timely availability of necessary materials and resources.
- Assist in conducting assessments, evaluations, and surveys to inform program strategies and improvements.
- Participate in regular team meetings, sharing updates, challenges, and successes related to the WASH and shelter program.
- Ensure gender, protection, and environmental considerations are integrated into program activities.
- Contribute to proposal writing, donor reporting, and fundraising efforts to sustain and expand the program’s reach.
- Stay informed about advancements and trends in the WASH and shelter sectors, incorporating relevant insights into program design.
Personal Specification (Experience / Education/Skills- Essential)
- Minimum 4 years of related experience with NGOs.
- University degree in civil engineer or related study
- Strong communication, interpersonal & technical skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to take initiatives if required.
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- To be ready to work overtime.
- Able to work effectively under, & adapt to, difficult conditions
- Good report writing skills is must
- Familiarity of monitoring & evaluation instruments & documents is preferable
- Willingness & ability to travel within inside the country
- Arabic and English (written and spoken) is a must.
- Very Good computer skills.
- Proficiency in MS office and the ability to use software necessary for project management and reporting. (Word and Excel are must)
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- It is important that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic Values and Principles. A commitment to IRW’s Vision, Mission, and values is also essential
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
How to apply
- If you are reliable, service-minded, discreet, dedicated, and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by completing the application form from the following link before the closing date.
- Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the following link before 24 Sep 2023 at 5:00 pm. before the closing date.
Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused.
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants by those standards.