VACANCY REFERENCE: WS-BA-AZ-033
The WASH and Shelter Assistant’s primary purpose is to support the implementation of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) and shelter-related projects and activities in humanitarian or development contexts. This role involves providing assistance in the planning, coordination, and execution of WASH and shelter initiatives to ensure access to clean water, sanitation facilities, and adequate shelter for affected communities, thereby promoting their well-being and resilience in challenging environments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly visit project sites to monitor the progress of shelter and WASH activities.
- Ensure that construction and installation work is carried out according to established plans and quality standards.
- Identify any issues or challenges that arise during fieldwork and communicate them to the project manager.
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of required materials and quantities.
- Contribute to the procurement process by providing necessary technical information for material acquisition.
- Prepare and submit regular field progress reports to the direct manager, highlighting achievements, challenges, and any deviations from the project plan.
- Provide detailed and accurate updates on project activities, ensuring alignment with project objectives and timelines.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that construction and installation activities meet quality standards and specifications.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in processes, materials, and construction techniques to enhance overall project quality.
- Collaborate with the project manager, and relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of shelter and WASH activities.
- Maintain effective communication channels to address any issues or concerns that may arise during fieldwork.
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation of project activities, including work progress, materials used, and any changes made to the project plan.
- Promote adherence to health and safety guidelines at project sites
- Provide additional support to the project manager and other team members as needed.
Personal Specification (Experience / Education/Skills- Essential)
- Minimum 2 years of related experience with NGOs.
- University degree in Technical Inspectors Institute, Engineering Institute or related study
- Strong communication, interpersonal & technical skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to take initiatives if required.
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- To be ready to work overtime.
- Able to work effectively under, & adapt to, difficult conditions
- Familiarity of monitoring & evaluation instruments & documents is preferable
- Willingness & ability to travel within inside & outside the country
- English (written and spoken) is a plus.
- Very Good computer skills.
- Proficiency in MS office and the ability to use software necessary for project management and reporting. (Word and Excel are must)
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- It is important that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic Values and Principles. A commitment to IRW’s Vision, Mission, and values is also essential
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
How to apply
- If you are reliable, service-minded, discreet, dedicated, and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by completing the application form from the following link before the closing date.
- Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the following link before 24 Sep 2023 at 5:00 pm. before the closing date.
Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused.
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants by those standards.