With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Lead and Coordinate the Services team Activities:
- Lead the WASH Services team and act as the focal point of all related team activities of the UNICEF Services Unit.
- With the support of Services Team Lead, plan the Services Team activities, which are the water provision, desludging Services, hygiene promotion activities and distribution of WASH NFI items as per set criteria in order to ensure quality of World Vision’s WASH programs intervention.
- Supervise the work of WASH assistants and follow up on the work of WASH community mobilizers.
- Set the weekly/monthly plan of all the work activities for all WASH Services team and guide and support the team through ensuring clear and regularly updated weekly plans, per site, per staff.
- Identify the most appropriate hygiene messages to be disseminated to target population based on the results of the applicable assessment tool (HMCT) and on field observation.
- Develop Hygiene promotion initiatives appropriate to the context ensuring the technical and social aspects of water and sanitation programming are integrated, monitor, and evaluate the drafting of necessary materials needed for an HP campaign/activity.
- Observe the hygienic situation of the informal settlements and raise issues to the Services Team Lead.
- Follow up on all necessary procurements related to the project, as well as with potential contractors, as relevant and based on WVL procuring standards.
- Oversee all needs assessments, WASH technical assessments, and lead NFI distributions conducted by the team Water tanks, Hygiene items).
- Ensure that the work implemented by contractors is well supervised and inspected.
- Review the “means of verification” (MOV) and ensure that they are carefully validated and filed on BOX.
- Prepare the contractors payments with all supporting documents.
- Conduct frequent field visits to project sites for data verification and validation.
- Identify and assess public health and hygiene risks and needs.
- Ensure proper documentation of the implemented activities.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with municipalities in order to ensure adequate attention and ownership of tasks related to the WASH services (e.g. water trucking, sewage removal, solid waste management and removal) in the Informal Settlement (IS) and other refugees’ habitations.
- Ensure implementing projects as per the WVL WASH SOPs and standardize forms to be used for site inspection.
- Ensure that the municipalities (or private sector providers) collect both sewage and solid waste from the IS and other refugee habitations and dispose of them in an environmentally safe manner.
- Keep close and timely follow up on referrals on the field.
Manage Services Team:
- Provide overall management and supervision for Services team, which consist of Officer and Assistants.
- Allocate tasks to assistants and monitor their performance according to the work priorities and donor requirements.
- Follow up on assistant’s daily activities and direct their efforts as needed.
- Coach, support and motivate the Services team members ensuring quality performance of their tasks.
- Conduct performance agreements and performance reviews.
- Track team efficiency and log the time needed on each project.
Perform other duties as required
- Attend Services related meetings with sector, donors, and local authorities.
- Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
- Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
- Act responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Report CP incidents as per the safeguarding policy guidelines.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager.
Knowledge/Qualifications of the role
- Bachelor Degree or Post-graduate Diploma in a development-related field (Preferred: Public Health, Nursing, International Relations, Civil/Environmental/Mechanical Engineering, etc.), or any related field of studies.
- 3 years of experience working in NGOs WASH sector.
- Previous experience working in water, sanitation, health a/o waste management projects.
- Previous experience working in refugee camps.
- Previous experience in leading and managing teams.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to manage data effectively.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural and difficult/sensitive contexts.
- Has strong knowledge of core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, as well as SPHERE standards.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only