Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 6,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. RTI’s Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R) technical unit within the International Development Group brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R will leverage RTI’s experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world.
SG&R’s Water portfolio has delivered innovative, breakthrough solutions in key development sectors globally, including water sector governance, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services, water resources management, community engagement, urban resilience, and institutional capacity building.
The purpose of the five-year USAID Climate Resilient (CR) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Activity is to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient WASH services targeting lowlands areas.
The Activity will be based in Ethiopia and target the lowland areas of Afar, Oromia, Somali, and Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Region (SNNPR).
The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary intermediate results:
- Professionalize and expand climate-resilient water services;
- Increase sustainable access to and use of sanitation and hygiene products and services, including for menstrual health and hygiene;
- Improve gender power dynamics;
- Strengthen the enabling environment for climate-resilient water and sanitation services.
RTI is seeking a Grants Specialist for the recently awarded USAID CR WASH Activity in Ethiopia. The Grants Specialist is responsible for providing grants support to the program and coordinating logistics.
The Grants Specialist will be based in the Sitti Zone, Ethiopia and report to the Regional Manager while coordinating closely with the Activity’s Grants Manager.
- Review day-to-day grant financials using RTI’s robust Grants Management System.
- Support capacity building efforts for new and underutilized grantees.
- Collect and file required paperwork from proposed and awarded grantees and monitor progression of activities; keep all grants-related files up to date.
- Receive, prepare for review, and circulate to reviewers, complete grant applications and supporting documents.
- Prepare documents related to grants for approval and verify that they meet the requirements for approval (e.g., due diligence and compliance with USAID grants requirements).
- Upkeep a tracking system for all grant applications received and maintain complete records from grant review meetings, messages, etc.; properly record approval or non-approval. Keep the tracking system up to date: approved projects and deliverables, projects pending USAID approval, projects in the concept paper stage and potential grants.
- Upkeep a tracking system for awarded grants, with information relating to each signed grant and the progress of funds disbursement including pipeline review for each respective grant project.
- Ensure adequate filing of finance documents.
- Perform other duties assigned by their supervisor and Grants Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience, Master’s degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting grants programming preferred.
- Experience supporting USAID-funded projects preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English; proficiency in one or more local languages strongly preferred.
- Work experience in Ethiopia required.
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Click here. to view the EEOC Know Your Rights Poster.