With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The intern will work closely with the staff in the department while being exposed to the following areas ta develop their skills: –
Project, Planning and Implementation
- Support timely implementation of the Integrated WASH & Health TP program activities within the AP.
- Facilitate timely and quality implementation of Water, sanitation and Hygiene projects.
- Support preparation and conducting hygiene and sanitation promotion training sessions.
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to Sanitation and Hygiene initiatives are effectively applied in project implementation.
- Facilitate field visit for all respective line ministries to inspect progress of works and validate all the inspection reports (this includes quantified work done)
- Facilitate communities to identify viable Sanitation projects and ensure their participation in the implementation of the same
- Ensure cross cutting themes are integrated into the S&H project
- Conduct CLTS interventions and facilitation of declarations of ODF Villages
- Mobilize the community for community contribution for project interventions
- Assist in the development of technically sound funding proposals through provision of information & data and review in collaboration with ADP Managers, other sector specialists.
Quality Assurance-Monitoring, reporting and Documentation
- Participate in joint supervision and Monitoring of Water and Construction interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations, WHO and the SPHERE standards.
- Participate in joint supervision and Monitoring of Sanitation and Hygiene interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations, WHO and the SPHERE standards.
- Participate and contribute to development of Project Designs and Annual Operation Plans. (4D matrices, DIPs, Annual Budgets).
- Contribute to quality monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and end of projects reports in accordance with donors and WV Kenya requirements.
- Document and disseminate success stories and best practices on Water, sanitation and Hygiene projects in the ADP.
- Ensures participatory monthly data collection are conducted (involving communities and partners) using the standardized tools.
- Contextualization and utilization of reporting guidelines.
Those eligible to apply for graduate internship programme shall be Kenyan citizens who meet the following criteria;
- Bachelor’s degree graduates who either are beneficiaries of child sponsorship, or have experienced the impact of WV’s community development in their homes will be given priority.
- Graduates who show genuine desire and ability to serve among the poor in rural and semi urban areas of Kenya.
- Graduates who are practicing Christians regardless of denomination, gender and ethnic background.
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, honesty, high competency and generally in good physical and emotional health.
- Graduates who are willing to commit their time on the project for the entire year.
- Graduates who have completed studies in bachelor’s Degree in Public Health/Environmental Health or in any related or transferrable field of study within the last 1 (one)year.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only