Posted on: 22 Mar, 2023
Application by: 12 Apr, 2023
Project status: Tender
Project title: EU-Vietnam Women-led Green Partnership Facility
Period of Project: indicative start: 05.09.2023 – duration: 49 months
Duration of assignment: 49 months
Duty station: Hanoi City, Vietnam
Job code: GOV-VNM23EU0078 / 3
The Facility will assist in addressing Viet Nam’s policies, which will codify country’s international commitments in green growth, climate change, disaster response and gender equality, by enhancing the role of social organisations and associations to bring the voice of women in the decision-making process of those policies.
The overall objective (impact) of the EU-Vietnam Women-led Green Partnership Programme, of which the Facility is an integral part, is that “Women in all their diversity influence decision-making processes on climate change and environmental conservation policies and actions in Viet Nam”.
The specific objective (outcome) of the Facility is to “Increase participation of women and girls in all their diversity, the non-State-actors (NSAs) and members of mass organisations, in decision-making processes at national and provincial levels on climate change adaptation and mitigation and on environmental issues”.
Expected results of the facility will be:
- Increased capacities of women and young people of selected organisations in gender-responsive national and international climate change, environmental protection and disaster risk reduction frameworks and their monitoring.
- Increased awareness of non-state and state actors on gender-sensitive climate change, environmental protection and risk reduction participatory structured dialogues.
- Strengthened mechanisms for participatory and structured dialogues on policy and regulatory frameworks linked to climate change, environmental protection and risk reduction actions.
- Increased awareness on climate change opportunities linked to sustainable agriculture and/or other sectors of the economy having climate-related actions through capacity building activities.
Qualifications and skills:
- Postgraduate in Environment-related Sciences
- Or undergraduate education in the above mentioned disciplines, with an additional five (05) years of relevant professional experience on top of the professional experience required below
- Fluency in speaking and writing in Vietnamese (level C1) and English (level C1)
General professional experience
At least five (5) years relevant professional experience in:
- Providing expertise under at least one (01) full-time technical assistance assignment; (of at least two (02) consecutive years) on environmental protection;
- Providing inputs to technical debates and supports to policy dialogues, relating to environmental protection.
Specific professional experience:
- At least three (3) years of specific consultancy experience in biodiversity and/or disaster resilience and/or climate-smart economy and/or sustainable agriculture.
- Proven experience in working with Viet Nam’s legislative agencies or executive agencies (at central or provincial level) is a must.
- Proven experience in working with the NSAs or with mass organizations is a must.
- Previous experience with EU-funded project will be a clear advantage.
Karen Reschenberg [email protected]
+49 40 60306 122
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)