Global IsraAID Roster Profile: WASH in emergency field coordinator
IsraAID is an international non-governmental humanitarian aid organization based in Israel. Since we were founded in 2001, our teams have worked in emergency and long-term development settings in more than 55 countries around the world. IsraAID responds to emergencies and helps people affected by crises rebuild their lives, their communities, and their futures, together. From hurricanes to refugee crises to global pandemics, we mobilize quickly and collaborate with communities at the deepest level, accompanying the process of becoming self-reliant in the ability to prepare and respond to emergencies and crises and return to adaptive functioning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The WASH in Emergency Field Coordinator is the lead WASH technical position in the field, taking both technical responsibilities, as well as managerial and programmatic aspects of the program. The WASH in emergency field coordinator will lead assessments, facilitate training sessions, and supervise the technical aspects of WASH programs in the country of deployment. In addition, the WASH in Emergency Field Coordinator will manage and lead content development and provide capacity-building activities and programs, in line with the organization’s established policies, principles, and operating practices.
The WASH in Emergency Field Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission and is supervised technically by IsraAID HQ WASH Coordinator.
This is a vacancy announcement to join IsraAID’s Emergency Roster for the profile of: WASH in Emergency Field Coordinator.
This is not a full-time position. Once you join IsraAID’s Emergency Roster you will be able to be the first to receive notifications for deployment opportunities to which you can express your interest and availability to deploy.
Your membership in IsraAID’s Emergency Roster has a limited duration to 24 months (2 years) which is automatically extended for the same duration, in case you apply for at least one deployment within the 24 months.
The mission length depends on the needs and differs between missions. The approximate time is between 2-3 months, with the possibility of an extension to 6 months according to mission needs. The specific duration of the mission will be mentioned in the notification that will be sent to the roster.
By joining the roster, you will receive a prioritized opportunity to join IsraAID’s emergency missions globally. We will notify you regarding a position 1-3 weeks in advance.
- Develop and use appropriate monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) tools.
- Conduct Rapid WASH needs assessment and stakeholder analysis.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures are followed for each program.
- Develop MEAL strategy, methodologies and relevant tools to measure the impact of the program.
- Identify Lessons Learned for the program and successfully communicate them in a variety of mediums.
- Ensure a proper risk assessment and mitigation strategy is developed for each program, project and activity and is constantly monitored.
- Coordination with different stakeholders and organizations
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with stakeholders and partners.
- Identify local partners and support the development of MOUs.
- Participate in coordination/cluster meetings with global and national partners and organizations.
- Work with project stakeholders and beneficiaries to coordinate, plan and implement WASH programs.
- WASH program management and implementation:
- Design the WASH in emergency intervention using a logframe.
- Work with identified partners to implement WASH programs according to assessment conclusions and in line with organizational requirements.
- Adhere to implementation timeline for program activities.
- Coordinate with HOM/PM in mitigating challenges that arise during the training and supervision of WASH activities.
- Write and submit reports/updates regarding programs and activities according to organizational requirements.
- Design and implement an exit strategy and handover documentation according to program requirements.
- Training and Capacity building–
- Training and providing technical supervision to local staff and partners in WASH both in hardware and software
- Development of content and materials in accordance to WASH program needs
- Local recruitment Management
- Support the recruitment of WASH Field team staff.
- Maintain regular communication with Head of Mission (HoM) and PM for cohesive and strategic recruiting implementation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- University Degree in water engineering/environmental engineering/ relevant academic background.
- At least 3 years of proven experience working in humanitarian/development settings in WASH (“hardware”) and/or community engagement practices and hygiene awareness (“software”) programming
- Experience in the design and implementation of WASH programs.
- Experience in project management.
- Proven training and/or group facilitation experience – Advantage
- Strong training & facilitation skills – Advantage
- Displays cultural, geographical, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adapts level of language and/or complexity of content to the audience.
- Understands and masters quickly the context and the environment of work.
- Effectively manages own work related to multiple tasks or activities and is independently able to prioritize amongst tasks.
- Ensures respectful, professional and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Adapts well to a changing environment and demonstrates flexibility.
- Capacity, willingness and skills in team work.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.,).
Required: Professionally fluent or native speaker in English (both oral and written)
Spanish / Portuguese.
*References will be required upon need.
Steps to join the roster:
- Complete the application form
- Candidates that match the required experience and background will proceed to complete a written assignment that assess WASH project planning and delivery
- The final step is a joint HR & WASH expert interview to overview the assignment and competence for future deployments