Technical Backstopping for CWRM planning and implementation in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States RFQ Nr. 83432668
The Indo-German bilateral project ‘Water Security and Climate Adaptation in Rural India -II (WASCA-II)’, commissioned by German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ, works with the Ministry of Rural Development and National Water Mission (Ministry of Jal Shakti), Government of India. The project objective is “To converge with the Government programs and missions for Rural Development, especially with Mahatma Gandhi NREGA, Catch the Rain programmes etc., thus increasingly contributing to water security while taking climate change into account”. In Project for next three years will be implemented with clear focus on enhancing water security and climate change impact in all 15 agro-climatic zones of the country. All 15 agro-climatic zones, whereby 17 states will be covered for demonstration. As per geographical characteristics 17 states are clustered in five regions i.e., Gangetic Plain, Plateau, Himalayan, Coastal and Arid/Semi-Arid.
An agency is required to provide facilitation support to Engaging agency for CWRM planning and implementation support in Andhra pradesh and Telangana states under WASCA -II. In each state two demonstration locations to be selected to evolve and institutionalize processes for planning, implementation, and management of natural resources management (NRM) measures with due consideration of harmonization of land, water, vegetation interactions in specific agroclimatic contexts. This should lead to updated comprehensive approach suitable for diverse geographies to strengthen planning, implementation, and management of central/state flagship programmes (MGNREGA, CTR, ABY, PMKSY, IWMP-II, etc..) to move towards ensuring water security and climate adaptation. The agency needs closely work with respective State Partners to undertake project activities at multiple level in sync with specific requirements of the states particularly to strengthen planning implementation and monitoring of Central and State flagship programmes.
- Provide Technical support for CWRM planning and implementation in the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Developing IT enabled platform and finetune the digital tool for Andhra Pradesh & Telangana relevant to CWRM planning and implementation approach.
- Facilitating implementation of approved CWRM plans as per recommendation of Steering committee.
- Strengthening pilot implementation of site-specific Climate Resilient Models in discussion with Rural Development Department.
- Capacity building to the technical wing of MGNREGA on the CWRM planning and implementation approach.
- Develop Capacity and extend support for Policy Advocacy, Documentation & IEC.
- Extend support to States Steering Process and establish active convergence with other departments for mainstreaming the CWRM Approach
The bidding firm will have to submit the proposal in digital format / electronically – please refer to the bidding conditions and follow the instructions carefully.
The detailed documentation with regards to this call for proposals includes:
- Terms of Reference for the Assignment
- Grid for Assessing the Eligibility +Legal Inferences
- Technical Evaluation Grid
- Bidding Conditions + Financial Format
- General Terms & Conditions of Contracts
Deadline to receive queries: 24th March’ 2023
Clarifications to the queries: 29th March’ 2023
The deadline for submission of proposal (electronically) is: 7th April’ 2023
The complete tender documents shall be available on the following link w.e.f 15th March’2023.
GIZ reserves the right to cancel/modify this tender and /or reject a bid document including subsequently a technical and financial proposal, without assigning any reasons.
It is construed that all the terms and conditions of the tender package are acceptable and agreed upon by the participating company. No negotiations/changes to the GTCC shall be acceptable at a later stage.