Title: WASH Coordinator
Location: Gaziantep /Türkiye
Reporting to: Program Director
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. RI is active in 16 countries around the world, including some of the most fragile: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, and Yemen. Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
RI employs 7,000+ staff and auxiliary workers
97% of staff are local nationals
We only have some 90 ex-pat staff out of 7,000+
RI spent $150 million in 2019 on our programs
Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
RI invests in four broad program sectors: Economic Opportunity, Education, Health, and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. We design our programs to incorporate The RI Way: local participation, integrated programming, the development of civic skills, and complementary partnerships including with local NGOs, governments, and the private sector. RI supports solutions that reinforce and improve upon existing in-country systems. Where such systems do not exist or are chronically underperforming, RI’s crisis response lays the foundation for long-term, sustainable change.
About our Country Program/ Regional Programs:
Middle East Region
RI in the Middle East has programs in six countries – Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, with a focus on the 4 main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently employs 3900 staff (direct and indirect) in the region and has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 70 million USD on an annual basis
The WASH coordinator is responsible for supporting the Program Director and respective colleagues in RI with all aspects of the design, implementation, monitoring, supervision, and evaluation of WASH-related activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES:
· Provide quality control of WASH interventions.
· Build the capacity of RI and RI’s partner(s) staff in WASH implementation.
· Oversee and ensure quality implementation of the partners and other actors involved in theprogram, including needs assessment and technical handling of all WASH activities and structures.
· Support the MEAL department in monitoring, evaluating, and documenting the progress of program implementation against indicators that are being followed.
· Advise the Program Director regarding activity progress and recommend course correction if necessary.
· Provide overall guidance and direction for the program team to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
· As assigned by the program director, maintain effective communication with other organizations for coordination and partnership opportunities regarding WASH interventions.
· Actively participate in NGO sector coordination groups and identify areas for coordination and collaboration.
· Identify new program opportunities through rapid assessments, proposal development inputs, and writing as indicated.
· In coordination with the related colleagues, lead the reporting process of all WASH activities.
· Perform other duties as needed.
· Oversee and manage all assigned staff working for the program, including short or long-term consultants.
· Ensure that activities are on track, including developing and implementing solutions as necessary.
· Oversee that key program activity are achieved per program budget, timeline and donor requirements.
Other related tasks that may from time to time
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure your job related activity and practice is compliant with safeguarding standards.
· You will ensure a positive and productive work environment which is free from harassment and bullying.
· Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of diversity and cultural differences, gender issues and the commitment to equal opportunities
Experience and skills required for the role.
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience;
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in lead management implementing emergency response programs in a conflict setting;
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in the WASH sector.
- Solid background and knowledge of UN, ECHO, BHA, and other main donors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Strong English language skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
Guided by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence, as well as “Do No Harm,” Relief International Values: