Job No.: 565752
Work type: Fixed Term
- Full time
- 3 year Fixed Term role
- Located at the Albury/Wodonga campus
- $100,480 – $118,659 plus up to 17% superannuation
About the position
The successful applicant will contribute to research projects funded under the National Environmental Science Program Resilient Landscapes Hub and the Murray-Darling Water and Environment Research Program, along with other research projects. A major focus for the project is understanding the impacts of hydroclimatic variability and modified flow regimes on riverine ecosystem structure and function.
You will have a PhD in freshwater ecology and experience in field and/or lab based research, as well as the ability to analyse and interpret quantitative ecological datasets, and to prepare results for dissemination in research reports and publications.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing together with subsequent research experience.
- Proven experience in species distribution modelling, R programming, and GIS.
- Knowledge of aquatic ecosystems and experience working with aquatic data.
- A record of high-level scholarly research, as evidenced by the impact and significance of research outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a range of industry partners locally and/or nationally.
- High level analytical capability with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm 3rd of April 2023
Position Enquiries: Rachel Gorman via email [email protected]
Recruitment Enquiries: [email protected]
Position Description below:
PD – Level B – Research Fellow – Freshwater Ecology.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Closing Date: 03/4/2023