Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
The USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (The Activity) is designed to ensure USAID’s activities in Jordan achieve their intended results through monitoring and evaluation, strategic assessments, and Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA). The Activity helps USAID/Jordan create a dynamic learning environment among development actors which is focused on innovation, quality, and knowledge sharing. The Activity provides capacity building, learning opportunities, and trainings to USAID/Jordan Implementing Partners, USAID/Jordan Staff, the Government of Jordan (GOJ), Local MEL Organizations and MEL professionals aimed at building an effective, self-reliant and sustainable MEL ecosystem in Jordan. Based on identified needs, the Activity team conducts trainings on MEL, organizational development, and other topics as professionals and organizations identify similar needs.
USAID/Jordan has committed to supporting reforms in both the water and public sector. As part of their engagement in these areas, USAID requested that the Activity support in a verification assignment. The goal of the assignment is to measure the progress of water and public sector reform against benchmarks for select indicators, while providing recommendations on improved implementation if benchmarks are not met. The verification exercise will directly contribute to adaptive management in the implementation approaches used to achieve reform.
The Activity is seeking a Water Sector Reform Expert to review and verify the data collected from the partners. This assignment is for approximately 120 days between February and November 2023.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Review background documents to better understand the scope and key requirements. The desk review will inform the initial design of the data verification method, however, will be an integral and continual part of the verification process. This includes reviewing documents developed by numerous stakeholders, including USAID, IPs, and the GOJ. Review and verify the data collected from partners and USAID funded activities.
- Track and compile the data received on non-revenue water (NRW) calculations and measurements and the operation and maintenance cost recovery.
- Support in finalizing the verification design and methodology and writing the Inception Report.
- Support in the consultation sessions with relevant USAID and other U.S. Embassy staff, in addition to consultations with the relevant stakeholders implementing the reform activities.
- Contribute to the analysis and reporting writing to outline the progress in achieving the benchmarks and provide recommendations on improved implementation.
- Support the assessment team in briefings and presentations.
- Holds a university degree, preferably in engineering or economics.
- S/he should have at least 15 years of experience working in the water sector reform.
- Knowledge of the water sector issues and challenges in the Middle East and Jordan
- S/he should have a demonstrated capacity to deal with senior-level government and donor officials and experience in working in politically sensitive environments.
- Must be able to provide technical advice and guidance to stakeholders and USAID Implementing partners as needed.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.