Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
Water Monitoring and Compliance; North Region; Water Resource Management; Mareeba or South Johnstone preferred. Other areas in North Region maybe considered
Operating from within North Region, Water Services, you will be part of the departments water monitoring team who operate and maintain the departments surface water and ground water monitoring network to specific standards. The team also collects and analyses data and provides this information to internal and external natural resource managers and planners.
|Fixed Term Temporary
|Primary Industry & Environment
|Job ad reference
|$80352 – $88108
|$3079.90 – $3377.20
|PH: 4999 6848
Access the National Relay Service
Key Duties and Accountabilities
• Operate and maintain surface and ground water monitoring networks, including collecting and processing of hydrometric data, collecting water samples and conducting stream flow measurements.
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of technical equipment associated with water monitoring data collection.
• Compute, process, store, manipulate and retrieve ground water and surface water data.
• Participation in short- and medium-term water related projects on a needs basis.
• Develop skills and knowledge of the principles of water monitoring and associated technology through in house and external training.
• Maintain a high level of personal and team safety within the guidelines of safe practices and procedures.
• Interact with other water functional groups, managers, departmental staff, and clients.
• Other duties as directed and required.
As an individual contributor in the role of Water Officer (Hydrographer), AO4, the following competencies from the Leadership competencies for Queensland are most relevant to this role:
• Challenges the status quo by asking questions to bridge information gaps and clearly define new opportunities (Stimulates ideas and innovation)
• Demonstrates flexibility to changing expectations by proactively adapting own approach to reflect new requirements (Leads change in complex environments)
• Gains insight into issues by analysing the available information in a critical manner (Makes insightful decisions)
• Builds rapport and establishes strong and mutually beneficial connections (Builds enduring relationships)
• Communicates in a clear, succinct and deliberate manner, adjusting the message so that it resonates with different stakeholders. (Builds enduring relationships)
• Demonstrates respect for others, taking the time to connect, check in and show an interest in their wellbeing (Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces)
• Works with the team to evaluate options and develop appropriate plans to mitigate risks (Demonstrates sound governance)
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/474945/23
Closing Date: Thursday, 16 March 2023
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.