Colorado residents: Source Water Protection Specialist (USDA)

Colorado Rural Water Association (CRWA)

Colorado, USA 🇺🇸

Date Posted: 3.6.23

Colorado Rural Water Association (CRWA) was founded in 1980 and is an affiliate of National Rural Water Association (NRWA) headquartered in Duncan, Oklahoma. CRWA’s mission is to provide professional training, technical assistance, and political representation to rural and small communities as they endeavor to maintain industry standards, regulatory deadlines, and attain multi-level certifications of the water and wastewater operators. CRWA is looking for a Source Water Protection Specialist to provide technical assistance to rural and small communities in the formation of source water protection plans.

Salary: $55 – $65K annually depending upon experience.

Education / Experience:

1. Degree in Hydrology, Watershed Management, Natural Resources Management or related field.

2. Five years of related work experience, to include but not limited to working in a public water system or wastewater system, time in an Engineering firm working on water projects or environmental work dealing with water.

3. Experience may substitute for education.

Job Requirements

1. An understanding of watershed planning and source water principles.

2. Grassroots organizing skills.

3. Strong planning, organizational and time management skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.

4. Facilitation and mediation skills to bring about consensus during planning activities.

5. Ability to conceptualize and implement best management practice strategies that result in effective source water protection.

6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ArcMap/ArcGIS software.

7. Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence a diverse array of people.

8. Experience in research and data analysis

9. An understanding of drinking water operations.

10. Willingness and ability to regularly and extensively travel the state of Colorado as well as occasional out of state travel. Overnight travel may be required on a regular basis and you will be required to obtain and use a company charge card for travel purposes. Company vehicle may be provided for this position.

11. Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record as this position may operate a company vehicle.

Job Position does not have to work in the office but must be a resident in Colorado.

Physical Demands : As described in the Job Description.

Send application and a required cover letter to: or call 719.545.6748 for questions.




IHE Delft MSc in Water and Sustainable Development