DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and DT Global. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders
This posting is in anticipation of a USAID activity in the Dominican Republic (DR) designed to build climate change resilience by promoting water security and sustainable livelihoods. DT Global is seeking qualified technical experts in the areas of Water Security, Watershed Management and Governance, and Water and Climate Finance and welcomes applications from national DR-based experts to fill in the following anticipated roles:
Water Security Expert
- Provide leadership and technical expertise on key issues help build resilience to water security risks across the spectrum of water resource uses and needs
- Lead development of analytical products (guidance manuals, research papers, toolkits, etc.) on water security approaches and issues
- Conduct risk assessments of vulnerable water resources and the livelihoods that depend on them, and integrate results into water management plans and governance structures
- Develop partnerships with private sector and civil society, strengthen adaptive capacity of institutions to augment the overall impact and sustainability of water security activities
- Raise awareness with local governments and other stakeholders on water security and disaster
Watershed Management and Governance Expert
- Lead site-based technical activities that achieve improved management of critical watersheds or water resources in the face of climate change
- Improve capacity in water accounting skills for local and national government actors
- Conduct stakeholder assessments to identify the complete spectrum of users dependent on vulnerable water resources, and promote improved practices for sustainable use
- Support/promote measures to safeguard minimum ecological flows
- Lead the development and implementation of evidence-based watershed management plans that incorporate the dynamic impacts of climate change on current and future water resource availability
- Facilitate and support Local Governments in planning, coordinating, and budgeting for WRM activities and watershed management plan priorities
- Assist local governments and watershed stakeholders in assessing their ecological and water resource assets and develop plans to manage shared resources. Plans will outline roles and responsibilities, resources, targets, and budgets
- Work with the Water and Climate Finance Expert to develop sustainable WRM financing mechanisms
Water and Climate Finance Expert
- Knowledge and experience in water and climate-smart finance mechanisms, climate adaptation, anticipatory action, and/or disaster risk financing
- Identify opportunities to promote, implement, and/or scale up investment in climate finance, including support for innovative approaches in sustainable transport, energy efficiency, sustainable agriculture, ecosystem resilience, and biodiversity conservation.
- Develop incentives to support water funds
- Develop strategies, including financial investment and business plans, to blend public and private funding for upscaling of technologies and safeguards in the water and climate sectors
- Develop business models and related business plans for increasing the financial feasibility of technology-driven water and climate adaptation strategies
- Build local capacity to understand water and climate financing mechanisms and how to integrate them into assistance programming
Short-term Technical Experts
- In addition to the above positions, DT Global is looking for candidates with expertise in the following for consulting opportunities: climate risk management, disaster risk reduction and emergency response planning; ecosystem-based adaptation; and sustainable livelihoods.
Minimum Qualifications Across all Roles:
- In-depth understanding and experience working to increase resilience of critical watersheds and protected forests in the Dominican Republic, international experience a plus
- Understanding of critical challenges and opportunities in relation to climate change adaptation in the Dominican Republic
- Strong networks with key stakeholders in the Dominican Republic including but not limited to government, private sector, civil society organizations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, climate change, economics, natural resource management, hydrology, or a related field; economics or adaptation; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Experience with USAID project implementation a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively lead technical initiatives
- Strong communication, leadership, and strategic thinking skills highly preferred
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.