Type contract: Fulltime
Locatie: Utrecht (Nederland)
Publicatiedatum: 13 februari 2023
Reageren tot: 27 februari 2023
Are you energized by using your expertise on globally diverse farming practices in relation to climate and environmental risks to propose mitigation and adaptation solutions to farmers, growers and food & agribusiness corporates? Then Rabobank is looking for you. Discover how your unique forward-looking insights can feed strategic discussions and decision-making at Rabobank, up to Rabobank’s Managing Board, and at farmer and corporate clients, supporting their transition towards more sustainable and resilient food systems. Imagine the impact you can have.
You and your job
As Senior Agricultural Climate & Environmental Risk analyst you will work in one of the most dynamic international departments of Rabobank: RaboResearch. You take the lead in analyzing transitional and physical climate & environmental (C&E) risks of our food & agribusiness loan portfolios and clients, as well as opportunities to mitigate these risks and adapt. As the majority of sustainability impacts of many agricultural commodities originate in the upstream value chain, from farm inputs to farm gate, you have in-depth expertise in farming practices and processes. You are capable of running research projects independently but within the broader context of a bigger (complex) organization. As such you are a key liaison and sparring partner for sectors specialists and data scientists within RaboResearch and for other Rabobank departments, especially Risk.
Some practical examples
The team’s combined forces directly contribute to making a difference for Rabobank and our clients by tackling a broad range of complex strategic questions. For example:
• How will various physical climate-related risk events, such as increasing frequency and severity of droughts, floods, heat waves, etc., impact business models of different F&A sectors in various regions?
• Could you advise on a methodology for consistent impact assessment across the different F&A sectors in the bank’s portfolio?
• Which climate risk mitigation and adaptation opportunities are most feasible for clients in short and longer term and what drives their adoption?
• Where do (potential) win-wins and trade-offs exists with e.g. biodiversity risk mitigation and adaptation levers?
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Doing research is at our core. You take ownership of and perform research projects from conceptualization to timely delivery of high-quality views and research products. Your research focuses on impacts of climate change and broader environmental issues such as biodiversity loss, water scarcity & pollution and soil health on F&A sectors globally.
• Cooperation and stakeholder engagement in a dynamic environment. Your expertise, creativity, analytical and social skills will be used to generate relevant insights yourself as well as to guide and support (junior) colleagues. As a team player you are used to cooperate and to create support and buy-in from others via contagiously passionate and convincing reasoning. You find it challenging and fun to lead the way and to bring structure to new unexplored complex areas and to progress iteratively and jointly.
• Our goal is to inform and inspire. You share unique high-quality insights timely, and in an easy understandable concise manner. With publications and presentations you reach a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, from senior executive management to execution level
We achieve more together than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people’s differences is what makes us an even better bank. You will be part of over 140 researchers around the globe in the bank’s highly valued knowledge center: RaboResearch. So we are very curious about what you can bring to the RaboResearch F&A Sustainability Data & Analytics team that covers cross-sectoral research on double materiality impacts of climate and environmental topics in F&A.
Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food that is produced within planetary and social boundaries. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
Agricultural knowledge, a passion for sustainability and analytical skills are essential for the role of senior agricultural C&E risk analyst. You think in terms of opportunities. A proactive and positive mind-set and the ability to conduct multifaceted research projects is also critical to be successful in this role. Do you recognize yourself in our needs and the list of additional skills and expertise below?
• While your roots lie in food & agriculture expertise, especially regarding farming practices, you have an academic working and thinking level (Master’s degree or PhD in agriculture, agricultural economics or similar)
• 5-10 years of work experience as an expert in an agricultural or F&A subsector, either in industry, research, consultancy or other relevant fields
• Demonstrable experience with (financial) risk analysis and quantitative analysis of sustainability issues
• Next to being an excellent analyst, you are a good organizer, take initiative, create support, cooperate and work result-oriented and resiliently with a high dose of execution power
• You have the ability to translate complex research into simple clear take-away messages in an engaging way
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in English, both verbally and in writing. Other language skills, incl. Dutch, are an advantage
This is what we offer you
• Salary in scale 10 up to € 4,718 up to € 6,741 gross per month (depending on knowledge, skills and experience)
• A 36-hour working week with flexible working times.
• A thirteenth month, holiday pay, a generous pension scheme, and an Employee Benefit Budget equal to 11% of your monthly salary.
• Hybrid working: together with your team and based on your projects, you decide when you want to use a Rabo House (location Utrecht: at least twice a week), and when you want to work from home or another location.
You and the job application process
Enthusiastic? Apply for the vacancy for senior agricultural C&R risk analyst at Rabobank with your CV and a letter of motivation (before the closing date of 26 February).
• Any questions about the job content? Contact Marjan van Riel, lead RR F&A Sustainability and Data Analytics, email@example.com or Cindy Koolhout, Regional Head RR F&A Europe Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Contact Ingrid Dillen, Recruiter, via email@example.com
• We will hold the interviews through a video call. The application process includes presenting on a case-study assignment to an audience of key internal stakeholders in the second round of interviews
• A security check is part of the process
• We respect your privacy