Vita-RTI Ethiopia is looking for competent candidates to apply for the following vacant positions.
Vita/RTI-Ethiopia is an Irish non-profit registered organization in Ethiopia since year 2005 and engaged in support of development program by implementing food security, agriculture, livelihood, climate change projects through application of community-led approach. The Green Impact Fund (GIF) will carry out an investment program to deliver sustainable water and energy services in rural Ethiopia. The proposed program is to be implemented in thirteen woredas of Amhara National Regional State (ANRS) and nineteen woredas of SNNP Regional State.
Position: Amhara Water Project Manager
Required Number: One
Between 2016 and 2020, Vita piloted a climate change mitigation project that repaired water points and provided access to safe and clear water to rural households in two woredas of South Gonder Zone. Based on the learnings from this pilot, Vita is now scaling up this program to rehabilitate 1,500 water points across 13 Woredas in South Gondor with access to safe water. The Amhara Water Project Manager is the led for this water program.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead water points assessment/screening processes of non-functional water points (boreholes and protected springs) in collaboration with zonal and respective woreda water experts based on agreed selection criteria.
• Support the respective woredas to prepare the bill of quantity, identify artisan and monitor the repair of the water point to ensure value for money and quality of work.
• Ensure completion of all required water quality testing in collaboration with the Zonal Water and Energy Department.
• Work with the Vita, WASHCOs, government partners and artisans to determine mechanisms to ensure preventive maintenance of the water points takes place
• Support regular monitoring and evaluation activities as outlined by in the program document and ensure the active involvement of all partners.
• Ensure project results meet high-quality standards and the project deliverables are complete on time and in line with budget allocated to the project activities.
• Manage stock and ensure secure storage of program supplies at Vita Office, government stores and community sites.
• Track and supervise the expenditures against the approved budget of the project as required by the budget holder
• Perform similar activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Reports to: Directly reports to Amhara Field Program Coordinator; Periodically to Green Impact Fund Head of Program
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a rural water point project (Experience in a water point repair and maintenance project would be an advantage)
• Significant experience of coordinating and working in partnership with a range of stakeholders – including government counterparts, community organizations, and small-scale enterprises.
• Significant experience as a project manager, taking responsibility of field-based teams, budget and work plan management, etc.
Minimum Education Requirements
• Bachelor degree from recognized college university in water resource engineering/management, development studies, project management or relevant field of study.
Job Location:- DebreTabor – South Gonder, Amhara Regional State
Terms of Employment: One -year contract with possible extension for the next four years based on performance.
Salary – Negotiable Date Posted: 07/02/2023 Closing Date:- 20/02/2023
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV with covering letter in English to Vita/RTI Addis Ababa P.O Box 10744 and /or by email through Vita.Ethiopia@vita.ie
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply