SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services. We focus on three sectors – agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) – and have a long-term, local presence in 24 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our team of approximately 1,300 people is the backbone of SNV. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV’s 2030 strategy aims to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through effective programme delivery and influencing, with a central focus on transforming agri-food, energy, and water systems to enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all. We position ourselves as a learning organisation striving for excellence and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Climate Resilient Rural WASH (CRWASH), Water for Women (WfW) Project is a project funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and implemented by SNV Netherlands Development Organisation. The goal of the project is to contribute to improved health, gender equality, social inclusion and well-being of 230,000 people in 3 districts of Savannakhet Province by equitably increasing access and use of safe sanitation and hygiene, for all via building capacity of governments and other key stakeholders to achieve these outcomes.
The second phase of the project will concentrate efforts on building climate resilience into existing improvements in sanitation and water systems, whilst enhancing efforts towards gender equity, disability and social inclusion (GESI). Activities will centre on building the capacity of local governments and/or key stakeholders to deliver outputs in communities, schools and health care facilities.
Objective of this position:
The key role of the Provincial Coordinator (PC) is to support the quality implementation of project activities in close coordination with the Water Sector Leader. The PC is also responsible for leading the project’s Governance/Stakeholder coordination component and managing the operation of the Savannakhet office (and any district offices established for the project). The Provincial Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, overseeing implementation, and monitoring all interventions in target villages based on the approved Project Document. The position is also responsible for coordinating training and follow-up of District Teams comprised of SNV district facilitators, LWU, LDPA, LYU and other key staff. (S)he will have to be highly organised and a good communicator and manage relations with District and Provincial authorities. The PC should provide the Vientiane WASH/GESI Advisor with a monthly report on implementing project activities. This position will work closely with the Vientiane team and the project team to contribute to the abovementioned goal.
- Setup and maintain an effective working relationship with government, partners, and other stakeholders at the provincial and district level
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly/quarterly work plans and budgets in consultation with the component leaders through effective administrative management
- Coordinate with component leaders, Provincial government staff and district team for smooth implementation of activities
- Organize regular planning meetings with District Teams and relevant offices. Report to the Vientiane team every month on provincial and district activities
- Report to the Vientiane team on time would any event occurs that may hinder the project’s implementation from a time or a quality perspective.
- Provide consistent support to strengthen the capacity of Provincial and District stakeholders
- Organise regular meetings of the development partners forum at the province and initiate joint activities (specifically attend regular Nam Saat technical coordination meetings and ensure GESI technical working group meetings are organised, conducted and included in reporting)
- Coordinate the capacity building of the Provincial and District Teams in coordination with other project technical staff
- Follow up on the field activities implemented by the District Team members, advise and report on the implementation
- Set up and maintain effective working relationships and high confidence levels with target villages and their population
- Support the end line and other studies carried out by the project.
- Contribute to the development of training curricula, modules, and tools, with the technical experts
- Support the setup of village WASH committees
- Support the setup and implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation system on all project components
- Ensure proper financial management of all project funds following SNV and donor regulations
- Ensure that all activities are managed according to the SNV management system, and arrange for final evaluations that meet SNV and donor requirements
- Other tasks, as agreed with the Water Sector Leader
- Bachelor’s degree in WASH, public health, GESI, engineering or a similar field
- At least three years’ work experience in managing a district or provincial project office
- Proven experience working with provincial and district government counterparts, particularly the Provincial/District Health Office, Provincial/District Education and Sports Office, and Lao Women’s Union, Lao Youth Union, Lao Disabled Peoples Association
- Knowledge and experience in sub-national coordination mechanisms, governance, and policy dialogues
- Pro-active attitude and results orientation but also patience and ability to work well in cross-cultural teams
- Excellent coordination, organisation/prioritisation ability, and focused results-focused
- Strong teamwork and coaching orientation
- Good English language (spoken and written)
- Ability to write clear, effective project reports
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Contract Duration : Initial 1 year with possibility of extension
Contract Type : National Employment Contract (Full Time)
Duty Station : Savannakhet Capital, Laos
Working at SNV : SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WATER Sector experts.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation indicating salary expectations by clicking on the “I’m interested” button before February 19, 2023
SNV is a global organisation committed to bringing together different people, ideas, and perspectives different. We especially invite women to submit their applications to increase the number of women in SNV leadership positions.
We will require that you provide us with the full details of three people who are willing to act as a reference. We will not contact these references without your explicit permission.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All information will be in the strictest confidence.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement