9 Month Contract
Hourly Wage Range: $18.38 to $22.98
The Watershed Assessment Technician will collect and prepare baseline ecological information on various subwatersheds within the Lake Simcoe basin as part of the on-going subwatershed planning activities. There will be emphasis on monitoring long term sites as well as focusing efforts on targeted subwatersheds.
What you offer
- Enrollment or completion of post-secondary education in Environmental Science, Biology or related disciplines.
- Familiar with the Ontario Stream Assessment Protocol and the Ontario Benthic Biomonitoring Network protocols.
- Ontario fish identification skills / certification acquired through post-secondary education course work or Royal Ontario Museum certification.
- Ability to read and interpret air photos and navigate using a GPS and maps.
- Ability to work in the field, in all weather and terrain.
- Experience and comfort working in and around water.
- Valid G or G2 class driver’s license.
- Valid Emergency First Aid certification.
- Valid electrofishing certificate is an asset.
What you will do
- Assist in the collection of various environmental parameters required to complete subwatershed plans as directed.
- Conduct fish inventory, benthic invertebrate inventory, temperature monitoring, fish habitat assessments, water quality and water quantity sampling.
- Identification of fish and benthic invertebrate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours of work
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Conservation Authority’s Human Resources, referencing Competition #2-2023, by 4:00 pm on February 10, 2023, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Conservation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Conservation Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Conservation Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.