Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000053669
- Location: Kampala
- Assignment period: 03/24/2023 – 06/30/2023
- Field: Trainees
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 02/10/2023
The Natural Resources Stewardship Programme (NatuReS), funded by the European Union, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ). NatuReS promotes multistakeholder collective action for more sustainable management of natural resources. NatuReS aims to strengthen and support local public-private-civil society partnerships to address shared natural resource threats, while capitalising on synergies/opportunities and improving stewardship at scale. Put simply, stewardship is about taking care of a common resource that is important to everyone.
The NatuReS programme is supporting partner institutions from the public and private sector as well as civil society to strengthen collective action for water secure and pollution free urban areas in Greater Kampala Metropolitan Area and Gulu City Council. The aim of the collective action is to safeguard natural resources while fostering inclusive growth and prosperity.
The main responsibilities of the intern will be to support the NatuReS team on a range of functions, including:
- contribution to the development of individual partnership exit and scale strategies
- conceptualisation and execution of closing events
- support in the administrative closing of the programme
- translation of conceptual work into succinct text, easily understood by non-technical audiences
- support to the Programme’s monitoring and evaluation
- support the preparation of project reports
- support of internal project documentation – includes reviewing texts in German, and possibly draft rough-translations in English
- You are studying in the third semester or higher cultural and business studys, environmental science, politics or a related field of study
- You are highly proactive, creative and organised person, able to work independently and in a team as well as under pressure
- You are good natured and confident, and not afraid of having fun or learning from mistakes
- You have excellent communication and writing skills, especially in spoken and written English. Fluency in German is also required.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €2.064,- (gross). Depending on the country of assignment a monthly expatriation allowance (gross), predetermined by GIZ will be paid on top.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Anna Pamberg (Mail: [email protected]).