With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Lead and participate in the feasibility studies, Preparation and review of the design, BOQ and all bid documents, review/prepare payments for all WASH facility constructions/rehabilitation/maintenances, and monitor the water trucking services.
- Regular monitoring and supervision of ongoing construction activities to ensure that all the activities are executing as per design, specifications and work schedule. Provide technical support to other sectors like Shelter and Health professionals during the implementation of the integrated multisectoral emergency project
- Ensure the integration of cross cutting themes related to gender, protection, environment and other crosscutting issues to the implementation of WASH activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, elderly and disabled people. All the interventions adhere to Do No Harm principles and with participation from all relevant stakeholders, including disaster affected children and their families.
- Prepare, organize, track and share timely & regular reports on WASH intervention including success/case stories;
- Ensure the program delivery of baseline and end line evaluation and post distribution monitoring (PDM) and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and within the timeframe in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures
Required Professional Experience
4 year of relevant project/program experience of WASH in an international NGO or similar organization, preferably emergency WASH operations.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
BSc/Msc in Civil Engineering, Hydraulic, Water supply, Environmental Engineering and related
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Excellent English communication skill, Basic computer software application including Water cads, AutoCAD’s, etc
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The is fully field based
Knowledge of local language is preferable
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only