Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000052316
- Location: Amman
- Assignment period: 03/01/2023 – 07/31/2024
- Field: Waterresourcesmanagement
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 02/12/2023
The project “Desalination of Sea and Brackish Water” supports the Jordanian Ministry of Water and Irrigation in determining the exploitation potential and in developing desalination projects. In the near future Jordan will need to significantly increase desalination capacities, due to the extreme water scarcity, climate change impacts and depletion of the overexploited groundwater resources. The project advises the Ministry of Water and Irrigation, the Jordanian government entity responsible for water, and the water utilities in the development of a plan to increase desalination capacities using modern and appropriate technologies, in developing the regulatory framework and in building human capacities to plan, implement, manage and maintain related projects.
- Advice to the project partners in the fields of planning, operation and management, regulation, environmental impact, rehabilitation and optimization of desalination facilities
- Technical support in the compilation, analysis and graphic presentation of related data
- Preparation of cost and performance analyses and rehabilitation proposals for existing desalination plants
- Reviewing of and commenting on documents (design, contracting, energy concepts, financial concepts, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments) related to desalination projects
- Qualification and training of counterpart staff in the fields of planning (design), implementation (contracting) as well as operation and maintenance of desalination facilities
- Preparation of communication materials
- Preparation of tenders and supervision of consultants
- Support of the project team leader in costs and impact monitoring, as well as the reporting to the Representation of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development of the project team leader
- University degree (Master) in desalination, process engineering or comparable scientific studies
- Well-founded expertise in the field of desalination of sea and brackish water, ideally in developing or emerging countries
- Many years of experience in providing advice and qualification
- Work experience in operation and maintenance of desalination facilities
- Work experience in international development aid
- Business fluent in German and English
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Jordan.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
This position is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment – in particular also regarding COVID-19.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally – feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure and further strengthen GIZ’s ability to deliver, the willingness to operate in changing conditions in Germany as well as abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.