Permanent, Full Time
£42,871 with excellent benefits
HybridWorking, two days per week in the London office (Canary Wharf). WaterAid is located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Closingdate: Applications will close 23:59 on Sunday 29th January. Availability for 1st interview is required on Friday 3rd February 2023. 1st interviews will be conducted on Microsoft Teams, with 2nd interviews conducted in-person in week commencing Monday 6th February.
HowtoApply: To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply’. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Want to use your skills in data to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
We need passionate, creative and dedicated people. In return, you will be encouraged and empowered to be yourself at your very best. Together, we will make a bigger difference.
Join WaterAid as Data Selections Manager to support millions of people to unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
About the Team:
The WaterAid Data Selections team plays a major role in ensuring that WaterAid UK adopts an insight-led and data-informed approach to our fundraising and campaigning activity, driving efficiency and effectiveness of our programme of warm marketing activity.
About the Role:
As our data-literate and solutions-focused Data Selections Manager you will determine the best approach to delivering marketing objectives through targeted supporter communications, delivering marketing selections, activity monitoring and campaign automation.
In this role, you will lead on the overall planning of marketing selections, working with client teams’ managers to determine how best to maximise return on investment while delivering an optimised supporter experience.
* Determine how best to synthesise insight, testing and regulatory requirements into an accessible, automated data selections framework;
* Lead the organisation’s efforts to automate campaign selections and other processes, where appropriate, in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness of our direct marketing activities;
* Provide influential leadership to the Data Selections team, supporting team members in delivering their objectives while challenging them to improve processes and adopt new methodologies;
* Lead the delivery of in-campaign reporting, working with management peers to determine content, timing and how this is best distributed.
* Extensive experience of using data warehouses, relational databases and analysis packages and working with large and complex data sets;
* Experience and expertise writing complex SQL queries within Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio;
* Proven ability to work to a high standard and with an eye for detail, working under own initiative and managing multiple projects simultaneously;
* 36 days’ holiday (including 8 Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
* Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
* Volunteer Day
An inclusive workplace:
We are committed to being an organisation where everyone is included, respected, and empowered to be their best. We represent and celebrate our staff, partners and everyone we work with, and create a culture where everyone can reach their full potential.
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.