The APEM Group is a global environmental consultancy, we work with a range of clients including large corporations and governments to help them understand and solve a wide variety of environmental projects in the UK and globally. Our successful pioneering work has enabled us to grow and combine forces with other businesses who share our ethos and integrity. At our core, our people are working towards the protection of the environment across the globe.
Why join us?
Freshwater biology has been established as an area of APEM expertise for many years. The Freshwater Biology Consultancy division delivers cutting-edge collection, analysis and interpretation of freshwater hydro-ecology data. We are passionate about using hydro-ecological data to provide our clients with evidence-based solutions as we find innovative ways to tackle environmental challenges with a particular focus on balancing environmental and anthropogenic needs for water.
We offer the chance to join a rapidly growing business to work on a range of truly unique projects for the UK water and energy industries, and their environmental regulators.
About the role
In this role we’ll be looking for you to harness your skills in statistical and geospatial data analysis to help design, optimise and analyse large scale environmental monitoring programmes for a portfolio of freshwater ecology and hydro-ecology projects. Working closely with other team members you will deliver high quality data analysis and technical reports and help to expand our customer base and service offerings.
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant subject and at least three-four years’ professional experience in an analytical role involving management, analysis and visualisation of environmental, ecological, or freshwater datasets.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and R programming.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver analytical projects on time and within budget.
- Strong, creative problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of UK policy, legislation and issues relating to freshwater ecosystems or water resources.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- A valid driving licence.
We expect significant interest in this flexible and rewarding role. If you think you have what it takes to join our fast-growing business, then please apply immediately on our website. All we need some basic information and your CV, we will review all applications quickly and will respond to all applications.