Practice area(s): Water
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): International
Experience: 10+ Years
The USAID-funded Urban Resilience by Building and Applying New evidence in WASH (URBAN WASH) project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Research Advisor focusing on water resources management (WRM). This position will be located remotely with possible travel to the main office in Arlington, VA and will last approximately six months.
Position Description/Summary: The URBAN WASH project is in its second year of supporting USAID’s goal of promoting impactful, sustainable, equitable, and climate-resilient water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and WRM policy and programming in urban and peri-urban areas through strengthening evidence-based decision making of partners and host governments at the local, regional, state, and national levels. This position will support desk and implementation research on understanding the best approaches to source water protection and diversification in various contexts. The Research Advisor will ensure consistency with global best practices and bring academic rigor and objectivity to the research design, data collection protocols, statistical analyses, interpretation of results and review of final publications/reports to provide intellectual perspectives, as needed, based on the current ongoing discourse in literature.
* Provide feedback on research design, data collection protocols, statistical analyses, and interpretation of results.
* Support the research ideation and framing of results from the desk and implementation research into academic manuscripts and associated presentation materials.
* Review reports, publication manuscripts, and other materials prepared to document and communicate research findings.
* Attend URBAN WASH meetings related to the research outputs, work planning meetings, and meetings of the Research Working Group to provide technical insight and feedback as requested.
* Contribute to annual work planning for this research stream and attending work planning meetings.
* A Master’s degree or higher in environmental sciences/management, engineering, public policy, economics, or another related field;
* Minimum of fifteen (15) years of demonstrated technical expertise, including in research and learning programs, with substantial developing-country context experience, in two or more of the following technical areas: watershed management; WRM/Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM); urban water security; hydrology; decision support tools; resilience, adaptation, and social-ecological systems; governance; institutional development;
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience advising WRM implementation research, which includes source water protection and diversification;
* Familiarity or experience with the WASH sector;
* Outstanding communication, management, writing, and reporting skills;
* Strong MS Office skills, including Excel; and
* Fluency in written and oral English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* One technical writing sample – sole authorship, maximum 10 pages
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.