REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION
COUNTRY: EASTERN NILE COUNTRIES – EGYPT, ETHIOPIA, SOUTH SUDAN AND SUDAN
NAME OF PROJECT – Nile Cooperation for Climate Resilience
Project Loan No.-Credit No.- Grant No.: TF172848 NCCR -Nile Cooperation for Climate Resilience
Assignment Title: Consultancy service for Work Package 2 – Enhancement of the Eastern Nile Flood Forecasting and Early Warning System and Flood Risk Mapping
The Eastern Nile Technical Regional Office ENTRO has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Nile Cooperation for Climate Resilience Projects -NCCR and intends to apply part of the proceeds for firm consulting services.
The consulting services “the Services” is aimed for the scope of work under Work Package 2 – “Enhancement of the Eastern Nile Flood Forecasting and Early Warning System EN-FFEWS and Flood Risk Mapping” covers the necessary surveying, data collection, data compilation, as well as data quality control activities. It is to be noted that the Work Package 1 – the consultancy work on floodplain topographic, infrastructure and community survey and data collections – will commence in December 2022 which will provide the some of the inputs in the latest survey and data for Work Package 2.
Work Package 2 includes five major tasks for the riverine flood prone areas in the Eastern Nile basin:
Task 1: Improve Performance of the EN-FFEWS
Task 2: Flood Hazard Assessment and Flood Extent Mapping
Task 3: Flood Vulnerability Assessment
Task 4: Flood Risk Assessment
Task 5: Flood Impact Assessment Capacity Building at Regional Level
The deliverable includes improved and enhanced EN-FFEWS -functioning system with detailed manuals-; maps and reports on flood hazard assessment and flood extent, flood vulnerability assessment, flood risk assessment; reports on flood impact assessment; documentation of data processing; and capacity building at regional level and bi-monthly progress reports. This assignment will be carried out over a period of 10 months and the detailed Terms of Reference -TOR for the assignment can be found at the following website: http://www.nilebasin.org/entro/ and http://www.entro.nilebasin.org/
The Eastern Nile Technical Regional Office ENTRO now invites eligible Consulting Firms “Consultants” to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria are:
1. A minimum of ten -10 years firm’s general experience in developing and commissioning flood forecasting and early warning system – rainfall forecast, flows forecast and flood mapping, early warning dissemination and flood risk mapping and impact assessment.
2. The Consulting Firm shall have sound experience of providing consultancy services at least three in the last 10-15 years in conducting the followings:
– developing and commissioning flood forecasting and early warning system,
– flood hazard assessment and flood extent mapping,
– flood vulnerability assessment,
– flood risk assessment, and
– flood impact assessment capacity building at regional level
3. If the Consultancy Firm is in the form of a JV – max two partners, each partner shall have specific experience of working and the lead partner shall have experiences for the minimum of two tasks.
4. The Consultant Firm shall submit satisfactory Completion Certificate of assignments from the concerned employer showing the completion date of assignment related to this consultancy work.
5. The Consultant Firm shall have team of core experts with track record of minimum 10 years experiences: a Team Leader – Hydrologist / water resources engineer, hydraulic engineer, b.Flood Forecasting Expert -rainfall and flood forecasting c. Modelling Expert flood plain hydraulic modelling, d. Data Management and Analysis Specialist/ GIS Specialist associated FFEW system and hazard, vulnerability, and risk mapping.
6. The Consultant Firm shall furnish the explicit details for the last five -5 years of the inhouse team of professionals as a proof for permanent nature of employment.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” November 2020, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment: information on conflict of interest related to the assignment as per paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” November 2020.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection QCBS method, Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, November 2020.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during week days office hours i.e. 08:30 to 17:30 hour’s local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, by email or by fax, by December 29, 2022 5:00PM Addis Ababa local time.
Eastern Nile Technical Regional Office -ENTRO
Attn: Executive Director
Dessie Road ,Lamberet-Opposite to ARRARRAT Hotel
P. O. Box 27173-code 1000
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: +251-011- 6461130
Fax: +251-011- 6459407
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Copy to : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org