Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels. We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
We are looking for highly motivated professional to lead and direct Water projects in our West Geography, and be a key member of our community of 500 engineers, consultants, and experts. This role can be based in San Francisco, Oakland or Los Angeles. You will have a leadership position within our growing and highly ambitious water team that currently works with the SFPUC, San Francisco airport (SFO), City of Oakland, City of Rialto, Silicon Valley Clean Water, the Presidio Trust and several science and technology clients. We work on a diverse range of projects from master plans, risk and resilience studies, design of water, stormwater, wastewater and recycled water facilities and conveyance, including tunnels.
Reporting to the Water Business Leader, you will be a key member within the Civil/Water disciplinary team. Your experience and expertise will be integral in ensuring the success of projects, continued growth, and development of technical and digital skills of the water team. The position requires a self-motivated, proactive, innovative and collaborative individual who strives to deliver solutions of the highest quality and exhibits an excellent attention to detail: your actions should inspire confidence in clients, partners and the team alike.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary projects including planning and design
- Development of quality deliverables including reports and construction documents
- Commercial management of projects for successful outcomes
- Leading and mentoring individuals in the water team, including senior engineers and project managers
- Fostering a holistic approach to integrated design and sustainable development of water infrastructure
- Working effectively with Arup’s global and regional Water Skills networks
- Fostering a culture of research, innovation and development of digital workflows and offerings
- Proactively managing and growing relationships with clients and collaborators
- Assisting in developing bids and proposals for public and private sector clients
- Representing Arup in the water industry at conferences and technical forums, local and regional events
- Advanced Engineering degree, Master’s in Civil/Environmental Engineering
- Licenced professional engineer in California (WA, OR, NV a plus)
- 15 years relevant experience, with 8+ years as a project manager or team leader
- Significant experience with public and/or private water utility clients in California
- Understanding and knowledge of the local water market and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active professional organization involvement (WEF, AWWA, or similar)
Benefits that Work – At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working – We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.