At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
We are searching for an Entry Level Water Resources Engineer to be based in our Edmonton (or Saskatoon) office. The successful candidate will have the education and background supporting an understanding of Water Resources Engineering including flood risk assessment, Runoff and flow calculations supporting the design of municipal drainage infrastructure and is familiar with hydraulic modelling and planning principles. They will be expected to work successfully within a team environment and be able to communicate effectively with other project team members and customers. They will have a high level of initiative, motivation, and displays drive, energy and enthusiasm for getting things done. The successful candidate will be expected to support in the delivery of surface water related studies and infrastructure design to customers mostly within the municipal and provincial sector.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and application of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and analyses related to floodplain management studies and a variety of water resource projects
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with an interest in water resources engineering.
- Experience in managing surface water related projects
- Registration as an EIT with APEGA (or APEGS) (or eligible within 6 months)
- Familiar with Hydraulic Modelling platforms such as HEC-RAS and SWMM
- Familiar with ArcGIS software
- Familiar with Civil 3D Software
- Experience with surface water / drainage conveyance infrastructure design in a Municipal environment
- Experience with civil engineering, hydrologic & hydraulic modelling
- Excellent written skills needed for technical reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, contractors and clients
- Valid AB Driver’s License
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Sponsorship not provided
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Water
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: Canada